First time out calling this year.

• So today was the first time I have made it out calling this. I get to my first set start calling no luck and move to my second set about 45 minutes later. I'm calling and I see one running up and watch him drop down into a dry river bed about 300 yards out and never see him come out. While still calling hoping he might circle back in I spot something at 100 yards out and low and behold it's a two Bob Cats coming in and I can't shoot either do to not having the proper license. Moving on to my third set start calling and no more five minutes later I have some dirt bikes come cruising in which was unexpected due to hunting I'm hunting wilderness area.

• administrators

Oh man, what a crazy couple of events to happen. You know the fun is over when you first heard the sound of the dirt bikes. It must have been a real thrill to see those bobcats so close. What part of the country were you hunting in?

• @irish
    North West, Nevada. I went and got the proper license and if I ever see another bobcat.

• administrators

@jibnast said:

I went and got the proper license and if I ever see another bobcat.

:+1:

• I called a bobcat in the very northwest corner of Neveda a few years back. I didn't have the tag either, lol. Ever since then I buy a tag when I get my license. It was only $13 for a tag in CA, haven't checked here yet.

• Bobcat is on my bucket list!!!!

We were out this weekend and never saw any bobcats but ended up shooting 6 coyotes.

• administrators

This post was about coyotes but all this bobcat talk got me remembering my favorite bobcat video

• Yup... that's a crazy video!

• @orkan said:

Bobcat is on my bucket list!!!!

We were out this weekend and never saw any bobcats but ended up shooting 6 coyotes.

You weren't able to get one in your time out here in the desert?

• Nope. I've never had a shot opportunity on a bobcat in my life.

• I have had many opportunities to shoot a bobcat...sometimes even had two within shooting distance but never have actually shot one. I was always waiting on that big buck and didn't want to shoot and scare him off.

I did trap with a guy one year and we caught one though...along with a bunch of possums, coons, and dogs...including our own about 2.5 miles from the house. They are beautiful creatures.

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.