Another reminder of the world we live in

• Just wanted to rant...My garage door spring busted. So I watch a video on how to replace it and go "wow thats not hard at all". I make a trip to the blue box. I then learn they no longer carry garage door springs because of the liability. Just a reminder that the average home owner is to stupid to do his own repairs.

Now I have to search all over for a place to sell me springs or pay some idiot handyman to come do it for me.

• I do think you are right...stores should be able to sell them.

However..Garage door springs are one thing that I won't mess with. I have been in construction and am currently flipping/renting houses as a side job...and I do 98% of my own work on the houses...but I still won't touch garage door springs. The last one I had replaced cost me $75 including labor and the spring. Money well spend in my opinion.

• @dddoo7 said:

I do think you are right...stores should be able to sell them.

However..Garage door springs are one thing that I won't mess with. I have been in construction and am currently flipping/renting houses as a side job...and I do 98% of my own work on the houses...but I still won't touch garage door springs. The last one I had replaced cost me $75 including labor and the spring. Money well spend in my opinion.

I'm a DIY person. I hate paying someone for non skilled labor. I got a guy coming out so we'll see how much its going to cost.

• I am very much a DIY'er too. There are only a few things that I have found that it is worth paying someone else to do. Garage doors is one of them...and finishing drywall is the other. For what they charge I am not going to buy the tools or spend the time to learn how to do either one...

either way...I hope it works out well. I am sure you can find the spring online somewhere...maybe even amazon.

• $350 later its fixed. But I did have two springs installed vs the one that was there. Just so there is less stress on the whole system.

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.