Introduce Yourselves!

• Welcome to the Hive,Listen and learn,You will get good info hear on shooting and also on God.

• Welcome! @bear9350

Make sure you start up your very own range report thread to keep everyone updated on your progress.

If you're available in May, we still have some seats available:
    https://www.primalrights.com/training

• @orkan that is definitely something I have been considering. If you weren't almost a 9 hour drive away I would be all over it.
    I tried a short course locally (4 hours in a class one night and 4 hours at the range the next day) and was pretty disappointed in it. I think every time I read your zero force firing article I pick up more then I did in that class.

• @bear9350 I flew from PA and it was one of the best shooting decisions I have made. It was a 7 hour flight ordeal with layovers. Then an hour or so drive from airport. You have to ask yourself how good of a shooter do I want to be. Orkans techniques and class will put you well a head of the curve. I plan on returning for a refresher next year.

• @bear9350 said:

@orkan that is definitely something I have been considering. If you weren't almost a 9 hour drive away I would be all over it.
    I tried a short course locally (4 hours in a class one night and 4 hours at the range the next day) and was pretty disappointed in it. I think every time I read your zero force firing article I pick up more then I did in that class.

I've had folks drive 26+hrs to attend. We've had students from 8 countries.

I understand your hesitancy... but 9hrs is pretty short drive, all things considered.

I could explain in detail why you should come, but I have learned through experience that it's relatively pointless. The claims I make are difficult to believe for someone that's not been here. After you've been through it, then it's easy to believe.

There is not a shooting school in the world that breaks down the fundamentals the way I do here. You'd drive 9hrs to pick up a free bag of money I bet. You drive 9hrs, pay $500, and I'll save you 10 years and 10,000 rounds.

• I drove 17 hours each way to get to the class. That class provided a much higher level of understanding and improvement for my shooting abilities.

• The hesitancy isn't in the drive alone or the value of the course and the associated costs. Simply put that drive basically means 4 days/ 3 nights away from home and my wife and young daughter. Without going into the details that would be difficult to extremely difficult for my wife to handle.

• @bear9350 said:

The hesitancy isn't in the drive alone or the value of the course and the associated costs. Simply put that drive basically means 4 days/ 3 nights away from home and my wife and young daughter. Without going into the details that would be difficult to extremely difficult for my wife to handle.

I feel your pain on this fella, I have to young daughters and my mom lives with us because of some medical problems. It’s hard for me to get away for very long as well.

• Hello. My name is David. I have been shooting precision rifle for about one year. In retirement I needed to learn a new skill and marksmanship has given me all the challenges I could ask for. I enjoy the forums and balance the information with my own research. It's fair to say I'm partial to a Hornady bullet, a Sako rifle, a Schmidt Bender scope, and a Turner sling. Getting certified as a range officer at Camp Perry and donating my time is a way to give something back for all I have learned. I'm not on paper at 1000 yards yet but it's only a matter of time. It's the most fun I have had since little league. Calling Petrarca my home range and watching the USMC team dominate a "Rattle Battle" is worth all the pulled shots to date (there have been many) and beyond. Every week I practice, and every week I get better. My long term goals are to take a class with Mr. Dykstra, shoot well enough to justify reloading, and pass all of the discipline and enjoyment on to my son.

"See you at the range."

• @lathoto said:

Hello. My name is David. I have been shooting precision rifle for about one year. In retirement I needed to learn a new skill and marksmanship has given me all the challenges I could ask for. I enjoy the forums and balance the information with my own research. It's fair to say I'm partial to a Hornady bullet, a Sako rifle, a Schmidt Bender scope, and a Turner sling. Getting certified as a range officer at Camp Perry and donating my time is a way to give something back for all I have learned. I'm not on paper at 1000 yards yet but it's only a matter of time. It's the most fun I have had since little league. Calling Petrarca my home range and watching the USMC team dominate a "Rattle Battle" is worth all the pulled shots to date (there have been many) and beyond. Every week I practice, and every week I get better. My long term goals are to take a class with Mr. Dykstra, shoot well enough to justify reloading, and pass all of the discipline and enjoyment on to my son.

"See you at the range."

Welcome to the hive David, sounds like you’ll fit right in.

• @bear9350 said:

The hesitancy isn't in the drive alone or the value of the course and the associated costs. Simply put that drive basically means 4 days/ 3 nights away from home and my wife and young daughter. Without going into the details that would be difficult to extremely difficult for my wife to handle.

I travel for work. With a wife and two kids in sports its tough. So I get it.

But I would suggest you turn it into a family vacation trip. Its not like a hotel or gas is going to cost you more because your wife and daughter come along.

• @lathoto said: It's fair to say I'm partial to a Hornady bullet."

Hey I'm not the only one!

Glad to have you aboard sir. I'm sure you'll find lots of useful information posted here for your learning.

• Long time lurker, first time poster.

Call me Jeff.
    Been shooting and reloading awhile and I’m just now interested in stretching my legs so to speak.
    I lurk on all the major websites but this place seems to have consistently good information.

I’ve entered a local competition and I’m hoping you can guide me to doing better than I can on my own. Competition was my 2018 resolution. I’ve got a couple questions I’ll post in appropriate sections.

I’m in central Oregon.

Thanks.

• Welcome aboard!

• @orkan

Thanks! Happy to be here.

• administrators

welcome @tackyp!

• Hi everyone,
    My name is Don Massong. I go by Donnie or whatever variant you wish to type. I live in Alberta, Canada. I have been interested in guns, rifles in particular, since I was a wee child. About 9-10 years ago, I started getting interested in shooting longer distances accurately. My equipment and style has evolved along the way. Target shooting has been my #1 hobby for that 9-10 years. I enjoy shooting in the rocky mountains, and through coolies in the plains. I joined because all the guys that actually shoot and have first hand experiance seem to be on this forum, not so much the other anymore. I also appreciate the experiance of Greg and the time he takes to help out. Also it looks like there is a good system here for tracking your shooting. Probably not going to be saying to much here, but if I have issues I'll be sure to ask questions.
    Thanks,
    Don

• Welcome aboard Don!

• Hello everyone, my name is Martin. Beyond a BB gun as a kid, my first hands on exposure to rifles was in USAF basic training in Lackland AFB. I enjoyed the training on the M16 that was provided by an Army Sgt. My first duty station was in Spain. I took a hop over to Frankfurt, Germany and picked up a Sako 300WM and a .223. Didn't do much rifle shooting til I got stateside and was stationed in SC. There I did some rifle shooting at Ft. Jackson.

I bought a RCBS Rockchucker while I was stationed in SC. Never could get good groups with my 300 or .223 until I get back into reloading and started following proper load development as recommended by a couple of guys that post here and on sniper forum who all seemed to be students of Orkan. His articles on the Primal Rights website improved my shooting quite a bit.

I now live in South FL. I have a 30 minute drive to get to a 100 yd range and a 1.5hr drive to get to a 1000yd range. The 1000 yd range had PRS style shooting competitions. I observed a few and shot in a some formal and informal shoots. I found that engaging multiple targets at different ranges was a challenge that I enjoyed. I haven't participated in a shoot recently because my work keeps me busy this time of year.

I've got a number of long guns that sit in the gun room. The rifle that gets the most use is the DT with 3 Benchmark barrels. Now I'm buying bullets in boxes of 250 and 500, primers by the 1000 and powder by the jug. Yeah got the bug.

• My name is Joe Wilkerson

My training is as a mathematician ... I worked 7 years as a musician, 4 years in the US Army and since then as a statistician, programmer and technology manager, which is what I do today.

I'm not sure I shoot precision rifles though I do shoot rifles! My goals are to learn to see, move and shoot on my land and hit what I am aiming at day or night, cold or hot, rain or shine. I shoot mostly at night, since I work during the day. I go out 2-3 times a night almost every night, the worse the weather, the more I hurry to get outside.

We moved to rural setting in Kansas 5 years ago. We have cattle, chickens and a green house. Before moving here I had not shot rifles since in the Army and I had never shot a scoped rifle. I now have 4 rifles, all with scopes.

I hope to learn from all of you here.

Joe

• Welcome!

• Welcome lots of knowledge here, and a bunch of good people

• My name is Mike and I have been a shootingholic for too long to remember.

Seriously I am Mike Kane. I am a competitive shooter in the Precision Rifle Series along with several other organizations. You could say I got started shooting long range or was bit by the bug 30+ years ago when we would go out to check the zero on our elk rifles and shoot a gong at 400 yards to make sure we were ready to go hunting. Things have changed considerably since then and I have also. Today I am the match director for the South Dakota Steel Classic and the Regional contact for the PRS Club series for the plains region. I truly enjoy shooting to the point that I don't do near the hunting that I have done in the past as I am shooting a match if my schedule allows. I look forward to meeting all of you on this forum.

• @kanemiker
    Welcome aboard

• Good to see you here Mike!

• In looking around I guess I never introduced my self.

My name is Dave and I have been into guns, shooting and hunting since I was 10-11yrs old (49yrs now). I am the only one in my immediate family that had this interest and desire so what I have learned I for the most part was on my own to find the answer. Out of my entire family only me and my cousin have this hardcore hobby. The first gun I got (after the BB gun) was an Marlin Golden 39A 22lr my dad bought me for my 12th Birthday.

I am a grandson of Dairy farmers so as I was young the outdoors were something I knew and enjoyed. While I had no desire for the farming aspect (while helping and bailing hay you quickly realize if it's for you or not) I am very proud of that side of my family and have great respect for farmers and what they do.

I am married and have no children but love my 2 dogs and those before them. So my wife and I are dog lovers, I have been around them all my life. My mom and dad even bred and showed Old English Sheepdogs for years when I was younger.

While I am still learning the tech. side of shooting and reloading I really enjoy shooting and owning them. I have never sold any gun I have acquired, I just get another one when I can afford it after life's responsibilities.