Shoot first, ask questions later... or we'll fire your ass.

• http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/09/johannes-paulsen/west-virginia-cop-fired-not-shooting-suspect/

The last thing any PD wants is an officer that actually THINKS a situation through rather than just reacting and escalating every situation they encounter.

• I saw that.

Mind boggling, part of it reminds me of the Baltimore trials, where they charges anyone and everyone they could.

But I don't doubt some of it came from within the police department as well.

• Actually quite a bit more information in this article it makes out to be all from within the department.

• He may not have a job, but he can lay his head on his pillow at night knowing he did what he thought was right. Sometimes doing things "by the book" is not what is right. I appreciate a man who can determine right and wrong for himself and act accordingly. Our world is full of citizens who only know right from wrong because it is what their government tells them is wright or wrong.

I also don't fault the officer who shot the man. I can imagine a situation that is beginning to calm down will take a drastic turn when two more officers pull up.

• @dddoo7 said:

I also don't fault the officer who shot the man. I can imagine a situation that is beginning to calm down will take a drastic turn when two more officers pull up.

Right, and that is specifically because cops escalate EVERYTHING. Any situation that is calm, cops show up and start screaming at people, pointing guns and tasers... doing the exact opposite of what they CLAIM to want to do.