Primal Rights Coyote Pics - 2016



  • Put in 3 sets this evening and got 2 knocked down. The 22CM produced devastating results both times.

    hWTCWQah.jpg

    RuqLakhh.jpg



  • Is that his tongue separated from his head?

    RLTW
    (This space for rent)

    0


  • Looks like almost the entire brain.
    Popped like a zit on a teenagers face.



  • Are they into their winter coats already?
    Once again, I'm feeling a bit jealous...:laughing:

    99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

    0


  • Yeah, that's the entire brain laying there. His tongue was hanging out the hole in the back of his head.

    No, they don't have winter coats yet. That won't happen until october or so.



  • @orkan said:

    Yeah, that's the entire brain laying there. His tongue was hanging out the hole in the back of his head.

    No, they don't have winter coats yet. That won't happen until october or so.

    I thought that they came in earlier further North.
    The pups of the year, into their first winter coat, gave me my finest pelts. It's been going on 17 years since I called coyotes. Miss the excitement of seeing one come in to a call.
    Good for you, Greg, post them pictures and vids, I sure enjoy them.

    99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

    0


  • That didn't take long at all.



  • Did you post that over on the thread at the Hide for that idiot dissing using a DT for coyotes?



  • @hypo said:

    Did you post that over on the thread at the Hide for that idiot dissing using a DT for coyotes?

    To hell with that dumbfuck. I have neither the time nor the inclination to pander to shitheads like that. :)



  • Probably the best response.

    I still can't believe the brain was on the geound, was that how you found it?



  • What was the Point of Aim?
    I am amazed it is so intact.
    Like it was sucked out of the hole by the passing bullet.



  • I shot him right in the middle of the head. No way the bullet didn't pass through his brain... so I too was surprised it didn't just go everywhere. I shot him through a tiny opening in a weed, but it looked like I shot him right in the forehead. That's where it seemed the entrance was.



  • @rhyno said:

    Probably the best response.

    I still can't believe the brain was on the geound, was that how you found it?

    The picture was taken as soon as we got up to him.

    Got another one today, I'm pretty excited to see how the video comes together, some great footage was caught!



  • eDr3sElh.jpg



  • The 80gr bergers at 3525fps, are NOT fur friendly apparently. It will take several more dogs before I can say for sure... but I've NEVER seen anything destroy a dog like this with one shot to the front of the chest.

    KoPntFKh.jpg

    The spray out the back.
    QfXgDTkh.jpg



  • Wow.

    Not fur friendly indeed.



  • Over 1000 foot pounds to 500+ yards.
    Almost 1500 at 300 yards.
    No wonder they explode.



  • Oh wow. I never even looked at that before. My 22-243 pushing 52's at 4100fps is only 462ft/lbs at 500yds and 879ft/lbs at 300. Based on what I'm seeing on living things... the 22CM with 80gr bergers would be a pretty good deer gun.



  • How does recoil compare to 308? This might be something I look into when my son starts shooting my DT more. I could even load down to about 3,000fps and it would similar to 223 in a DT.



  • Recoil is significantly lower than 308. Very significantly.



  • In my local atmosphere and elevation, 80 degrees, wet 80%, 800 feet, 28.5" baro, it is less than 20 MOA to 1k yards.

    Flattest real world bullet and velocity I have ever run through a ballistic calculator.

    Beats 7LRM trajectory at 3150 fps with the 180 Berger.



  • It's a hammer. Truly.



  • @dddoo7 said:

    This might be something I look into when my son starts shooting my DT more. I could even load down to about 3,000fps and it would similar to 223 in a DT.

    I swear I've seen a 223 DT conversion kit somewhere before, unless you're looking at a 22CM for what it is, that might be a more practical.

    RLTW
    (This space for rent)

    0


  • @ragnarnar said:

    @dddoo7 said:

    This might be something I look into when my son starts shooting my DT more. I could even load down to about 3,000fps and it would similar to 223 in a DT.

    I swear I've seen a 223 DT conversion kit somewhere before, unless you're looking at a 22CM for what it is, that might be a more practical.

    I have seen one too...but it is not a TS customs conversion. Maybe someday TS customs will make a 233 conversion, but till then I'll stick with something they do make. I am very happy with my 308 barrel Travis spun up.



  • I believe its Short Action Customs who makes the 223 DT conversion.



  • @m.mccarthy said:

    I believe its Short Action Customs who makes the 223 DT conversion.

    I've only played with 3-4 of them, sent by customers to do load development on. Based on what I experienced with those, it's not for me. Mags were ridiculously hard to load, and there were feeding issues depending on what ammo was used. I expected more.

    The real strength of the DT platform comes with the larger cartridges anyhow.

    A 22CM has over 100ft/lbs more energy at 500yds than a 6.5CM with 140VLD's... so if a guy is wanting a "all purpose" youth cartridge, and wants to teach him handloading in the process, I can't think of anything better... other than a straight .243win for the guys that buy boxed ammo. Either of them will carry the kid through anything he'd want to shoot.



  • That destruction is awesome!



  • @orkan I have zero experience with either a DT or the SAC conversion I was just trying to add who makes them for those talking about it that couldn't remember. That's not saying that I don't want to have experience with them though lol :joy:



  • O0xuDq7h.jpg

    cAxcqOth.jpg

    lbgr0F3h.jpg

    ODhjeNuh.jpg

    O2DiH3Dh.jpg

    VYXw2UTh.jpg

    UITXBD8h.jpg

    3vvGp1oh.jpg

    Y9rnM2wh.jpg

    WmL5nJ8h.jpg

    xp2STrlh.jpg

    IdMFKqmh.jpg

    hmK9C4nh.jpg

    ClDV5gqh.jpg



  • That last picture........:laughing:

    99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

    0


  • VLAP5vvh.jpg


Log in to reply