lottie last edited by lottie
1½ cups coarsely-chopped almonds
16 oz. light brown sugar
1 lb. butter
24 oz. milk chocolate chips
- Sprinkle ¾ cup coarsely chopped almonds onto the bottom of an 18x13 inch cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a 2 qt. sauce pan, combine sugar and butter over medium high heat while stirring frequently for several minutes unit bubbly and thick. Use a candy thermometer and cook until 290 degrees F. Watch carefully after 280 degrees F to prevent it from burning. Once it has reached 290 degrees F, remove from heat.
- Pour candy evenly on top of the almonds in cookie sheet. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips with 1 tsp. butter to help keep it smooth. Microwave for 30 seconds, stove top over medium-low heat.
- Cover candy with layer of chocolate and sprinkle remaining almonds evenly over the top.
- Allow to harden for a few hours.
- Once completely set up, break into pieces using a knife.
- This recipe makes about 2 lbs of Roca!