Annealer setup got some more refinements.

• Whenever I'd anneal, I would feel a little twinge in my nose telling me that something was not quite right. Either the carbon dioxide or residue burning off cases was polluting the room. Today we installed a range hood with external exhaust vent and installed the necessary valves and piping to remove the 20lb bottle from the room and have it outside. Took about 3 hours and went off swimmingly.

I have to tidy up the hoses and organize a bit, but otherwise it's ready to run. :)

rdvUApNh.jpg

• Oh its a balck hood vent, that makes it tactical.

• @norcal_in_az said:

Oh its a balck hood vent, that makes it tactical.

That's right! Tactical switches allow for more lighting and removal of "bleh" in the air!

• I have to do this! I get a headache anytime I anneal more than 500 pieces. Yesterday I did 2400. 2000 in one sitting and 400 about an hour later. I have 2500 more pieces sitting here waiting to be done...so I have decided that I must move outside, but this would be much nicer.

On a side note. I spoke with benchsource yesterday and have in the works a plate with only small holes and one with only large holes so that I can run a Dillon case feeder on the annealer. I am tired of having to feed brass every 20 seconds.

• Nice! The original machines had plates setup that way I think. I ran everything in the larger holes. When I sent mine in, it came back with a new plate with small and large holes staggered. You'll have to let me know how the case feeder setup works for you. I set mine up with a hornady case feeder for a while, but dismantled it since I didn't have all the different plates I needed. I'm OK feeding it, given the open flame.

• Gotta love Greg, always encouraging "next level" progression! Positive inspiration is the fuel on which I operate the best.

• @dddoo7 said:

I have to do this! I get a headache anytime I anneal more than 500 pieces. Yesterday I did 2400. 2000 in one sitting and 400 about an hour later. I have 2500 more pieces sitting here waiting to be done...so I have decided that I must move outside, but this would be much nicer.

On a side note. I spoke with benchsource yesterday and have in the works a plate with only small holes and one with only large holes so that I can run a Dillon case feeder on the annealer. I am tired of having to feed brass every 20 seconds.

I'm looking at making 3D printed plug for the holes in the plate so I can use a case feeder. There are some cheaper ones on ebay.

Greg how did you set up yours with a honardy?

• @djstorm100

a plug would probably work if it was smooth enough...but new plates are only $45 so it is not too bad anyway.

• @dddoo7 said:

@djstorm100

a plug would probably work if it was smooth enough...but new plates are only $45 so it is not too bad anyway.

Doesn't have to be smooth like the plate but I've got a 3d printer to play mad scientist with.

• @djstorm100 said:

The original plates only had one set of holes. ;)

• @orkan said:

@djstorm100 said:

The original plates only had one set of holes. ;)

Right, but how did you go about setting up the casefeeder to the annealer?

• The hornady case feeder has an arm that screws to the bench top. Then a tube comes down from the hopper and is held by a bracket. I just set the bracket at the right height for the cases being used. It was really simple.

513888.jpg

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.