Annealer setup got some more refinements.



  • Whenever I'd anneal, I would feel a little twinge in my nose telling me that something was not quite right. Either the carbon dioxide or residue burning off cases was polluting the room. Today we installed a range hood with external exhaust vent and installed the necessary valves and piping to remove the 20lb bottle from the room and have it outside. Took about 3 hours and went off swimmingly.

    I have to tidy up the hoses and organize a bit, but otherwise it's ready to run. :)

    rdvUApNh.jpg



  • Oh its a balck hood vent, that makes it tactical.



  • @norcal_in_az said:

    Oh its a balck hood vent, that makes it tactical.

    That's right! Tactical switches allow for more lighting and removal of "bleh" in the air!



  • I have to do this! I get a headache anytime I anneal more than 500 pieces. Yesterday I did 2400. 2000 in one sitting and 400 about an hour later. I have 2500 more pieces sitting here waiting to be done...so I have decided that I must move outside, but this would be much nicer.

    On a side note. I spoke with benchsource yesterday and have in the works a plate with only small holes and one with only large holes so that I can run a Dillon case feeder on the annealer. I am tired of having to feed brass every 20 seconds.



  • Nice! The original machines had plates setup that way I think. I ran everything in the larger holes. When I sent mine in, it came back with a new plate with small and large holes staggered. You'll have to let me know how the case feeder setup works for you. I set mine up with a hornady case feeder for a while, but dismantled it since I didn't have all the different plates I needed. I'm OK feeding it, given the open flame.



  • Gotta love Greg, always encouraging "next level" progression! Positive inspiration is the fuel on which I operate the best.



  • @dddoo7 said:

    I have to do this! I get a headache anytime I anneal more than 500 pieces. Yesterday I did 2400. 2000 in one sitting and 400 about an hour later. I have 2500 more pieces sitting here waiting to be done...so I have decided that I must move outside, but this would be much nicer.

    On a side note. I spoke with benchsource yesterday and have in the works a plate with only small holes and one with only large holes so that I can run a Dillon case feeder on the annealer. I am tired of having to feed brass every 20 seconds.

    I'm looking at making 3D printed plug for the holes in the plate so I can use a case feeder. There are some cheaper ones on ebay.

    Greg how did you set up yours with a honardy?



  • @djstorm100

    a plug would probably work if it was smooth enough...but new plates are only $45 so it is not too bad anyway.



  • @dddoo7 said:

    @djstorm100

    a plug would probably work if it was smooth enough...but new plates are only $45 so it is not too bad anyway.

    Doesn't have to be smooth like the plate but I've got a 3d printer to play mad scientist with.



  • @djstorm100 said:

    Greg how did you set up yours with a honardy?

    The original plates only had one set of holes. ;)



  • @orkan said:

    @djstorm100 said:

    Greg how did you set up yours with a honardy?

    The original plates only had one set of holes. ;)

    Right, but how did you go about setting up the casefeeder to the annealer?



  • The hornady case feeder has an arm that screws to the bench top. Then a tube comes down from the hopper and is held by a bracket. I just set the bracket at the right height for the cases being used. It was really simple.

    513888.jpg


Log in to reply