Frank Galli reviews the Vortex AMG

• And makes it sound simply awesome.

With one complaint being no 2nd Rev indicator.

Overall he sounded thoroughly impressed.

http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide/story/1678673-vortex-razor-hd-amg-6-24x-review

He really had nice things to say about the glass which is surprising because he hates talking about glass.

But what I liked most was that you can adjust parallax down to 25 yards, which makes it a option for 22lr use (not that I would put it on my Savage.... well I would but I'd be upgrading the Savage right away after that)

It's nice to hear from someone who's put a lot of rounds through one, instead of guys who've just seen it at SHOT.

• The 30mm tube a 30oz weight along with that 25yd parallax is going to make it very desirable for a lot of people. They should be applauded and rewarded for making a scope like this 100% in the united states as well. I plan on getting one. If enough of you guys want them, perhaps I'll pick up the line. Though if this product is anything like the genII razor launch... I'm sure availability will be a huge problem.

• It sounds like the ammount of people who pre ordered is huge. I don't expect to see many available until next year.

• @rhyno said:

It sounds like the ammount of people who pre ordered is huge. I don't expect to see many available until next year.

Perhaps vortex is going to be able to meet demand now, since they are doing this all in house... but I wouldn't hold my breath either. I've got S&B's for my rimfires... so I'm not in a big hurry. ;)