Guacamole

• Guacamole

I've been wanting to love Guacamole for a long time, but I haven't ever tasted anything I really like. So I went on a mission to turn a basic recipe into something I could love by mixing all of my favorite Mexican spices together. Here's what I came up with, maybe it's similar to something you have made before, maybe it's completely different, however I assure you it's quite delish!

Ingredients:
    4 Avocados
    2 hard roma tomatoes
    1 small white onion
    1/2 bunch cilantro
    1 medium lime
    Ground Cumin
    Minced Garlic
    Chili powder
    Salt and pepper

Scoop the avocados into a bowl, discarding the seed. Smash the avocado until nice and smooth. Dice up the tomatoes, small onion and cilantro...toss in the bowl. Juice the medium lime, pour juice into the bowl. Add 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp minced garlic, 1 tsp chili powder and add salt and pepper to taste. Mix ingredients well and serve with your favorite chips or on your favorite food. ENJOY!

*A tip to store homemade guacamole and not have it brown: place saran wrap directly on top of the guacamole, then put tupperware lid on the container. By placing the saran wrap directly on the guacamole you prevent oxygen from getting to the mixture :)

• @gash Do you know if pequin peppers are available in SD near you? If so, I'll make a recipe that is quite simple but tasty in May when I am there. If you can't find the pequin peppers, I'll try to get some from TX and bring with me.

I also make an avocado habanero dip that I'll share the recipe for here.

• @ramirojpc I don't know. I can certainly look next time I'm at the grocery store.

• @ramirojpc I didn't find any locally. Sorry.

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.