Hair Detangler Spray
gash last edited by
-1 1/4 cup distilled water
-1/4 cup dried marshmallow root
-1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
-1/2 tablespoon olive or jojoba oil
-essential oils, optional
- Combine marshmallow root and water in a small pot and simmer over medium low heat for 15-30 minutes to allow the mucilage to release. The longer you let it simmer the thicker the mixture will be. Note: I order my Marshmallow root from Mountain Rose Herbs.
- Remove pot from heat and allow mixture to cool.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer, nylon, tea towel, or cheesecloth. Squeeze the strainer in order to extract all the goodness of the herb (you will now understand how ”Marshmallow” root got it’s name). Compost the herbs and reserve the liquid.
- To the Marshmallow root infused water, add vinegar, oil, and essential oils if using.
- Pour into a re-purposed detangler spray bottle. Re-label and use as you would commercially-prepared spray. Shake well prior to use.