CCW while jogging options

• So I'm pretty sure I'll end up with a Crossbreed holster for normal wear, however I'm wondering what to do for when I go jogging/running/struggling and then telling people i went running.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this.

Looks like a couple companies make belly band style holster that would work.

• I cannot imagine being able to run comfortably with a gun. I wear a small camelbak most of the time and have considered putting my small 380 in there, but I wouldn't be able to get to it if I needed it.

I do carry a small can of pepper spray sometimes for dogs. It might help with people too. It just stays in my right hand and my phone in my left to track progress.

On another note...I ran my first half marathon today. Not fast, but I ran the whole thing. 2 hrs, 7 min, 55 sec. For 13.1 miles.

• A small 380 like a taurus TCP or 22lr such as a beretta bobcat fastened to your waist with an elastic holster is pretty much the best option. Might even be able to do that with a high abdominal or chest configuration.

Something like this here maybe? http://www.holsterhero.com/belly-band-holsters/

The only thing I've been able to comfortably run with for any period of time when full-size is a shoulder holster or a thigh rig. The fatigue of the thigh rig is significantly more on the leg, while the fatigue of the shoulder holster comes from the upper body mainly on the side of the carry.

• @dddoo7 yes that has crossed my mind, I'd prefer a pistol first however, but pepper spray is an option.

• This one of the considerations I'm making when while resreacching a carry pistol. I'll likely end up with just a elastic band and a small .380.

• There's a lady I know who runs with a chest holster. She puts on 5+ miles a day.

"A woman trying to function like a man is as ridiculous as a man trying to be like a woman. A unisex society is a senseless society—a society dangerously out of order. " - DP

• @gash said:

There's a lady I know who runs with a chest holster. She puts on 5+ miles a day.

I may have man tits, but they're not big enough to cover up a pistol.

• @norcal_in_az said:

@gash said:

There's a lady I know who runs with a chest holster. She puts on 5+ miles a day.

I may have man tits, but they're not big enough to cover up a pistol.

:joy:

• depending on what you wear a small .380 in a pocket holster might be viable I have done just about everything with a j-frame in a pocket holster.

• @norcal_in_az that's a good one. Crucial info....I forgot to mention she open carries when she runs. She's not running in town though, she's back in the woods of Montana with little interaction with other folk.

"A woman trying to function like a man is as ridiculous as a man trying to be like a woman. A unisex society is a senseless society—a society dangerously out of order. " - DP

• @gash mostly what I'll see, few people.

But dogs, Badgers, Coons, Coyote worry me a bit more.

Right now the road is busier then a highway thabks to the wind farm, but that will end after this year.

• @rhyno Yeah the wild animals and even other people's "tame animals" worry me the most too. I use to walk a lot around here when my kiddos were younger. I simply put a small pistol in the cup holder of the double jog stroller and off we went. The roads are a bit more busy around here now and even the no maintenance road to the north of us gets fair traffic so I tend to stay off the roads and keep to walking our property. :) Gun is almost always on me since you never know what you might kick up some where.