This guy had every opportunity to walk away...

• What world was this guy living in inside his own head, to attack someone openly carrying a firearm? He had every opportunity to walk away, but instead goes and corners the guy in the back of the store. Pretty sure I'd have dropped him far sooner. Rational people don't go starting fights in gas stations. That guy was bigger than he was, and was within striking distance for a LOOOOOONG time.

• I would like to hear the audio that was with this one. The video is probably the only thing that will keep the attacked man from going to prison.

• Did he shoot him or just give a swift hit to the nuts/guts?

• administrators

It is hard to tell everything from just the video but it sure does look like a shitty situation to find yourself in. I was not there so I cannot say I would have done x or y but sitting back looking at it some things I feel I would have done differently. #1 never have anything in the hand that you will have to reach for your gun with. There are very few times you will see me at a store carrying something in my drawing hand. And if there seems to be something even slightly strange I make sure of that. #2 when it did look like he fired it looked like the store clerk was right behind the guy. Which, in my opinion, was not the best time to have fired without seeing what is behind him. #3 the attacker or even would be attacker did get way too close for too long. Watch any video online and you will see how quickly someone can knock someone out or harm them with any kind of weapon. Again this is me commenting on what I saw in the video and having thoughts after the fact. I cannot say things would have gone down that way because situations like that can deteriorate so quickly so this is just my opinion.

All that said I am glad the shooter, clerk, and others in the store seemed unharmed. I have not read the story on this just based on what I saw. We should come up with a video entitled Why I Carry. This would be a great video example of that.

• @dddoo7 said:

I would like to hear the audio that was with this one. The video is probably the only thing that will keep the attacked man from going to prison.

It might hurt him to, no doubt whoever argues against him will say that there was no reason he, or the clerk, should have followed him outside.

And that had they not the guy would have drove away, and they could have let the cops handle it.

But yea, if he was that close I either wouldn't have my weapon out, would have already shot, or would have found a way to get some distance between myself and him.

• Always have something between empty hands and a gun. I carry quality mace everywhere I go. Not every situation requires lethal force.

• administrators

@a_marks What mace do you carry?

• Fox OC in fog form