Throat Erosion

• 2 range days ago my .308's barrel passed the 1000 round mark. This barrel was spun up in June of 2015, first shot fired 6/28.
    I measured the chamber and the length to the lands increased by .009" and now I am curious as to how that stacks up.
    Is that excessive or about average or below average?
    I shoot primarily lighter loads, but sometimes will shoot 22 round strings ( 2 sighters and 20 for score).

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

• I can't speak for the 308 but that would be below average in most 6's or 6.5's.

• That's pretty reasonable in a 308. Especially considering that an accurate measurement of this kind is very VERY difficult.

Some time ago I remember arguing with some dipshits on snipershide claiming they could measure to the specific thousandth, every time. I found that amusing.

• @orkan said:

That's pretty reasonable in a 308. Especially considering that an accurate measurement of this kind is very VERY difficult.

Some time ago I remember arguing with some dipshits on snipershide claiming they could measure to the specific thousandth, every time. I found that amusing.

Thanks for the answers my friends.
    I measured it a number of times and got consistent .007 - .009 measurements; so I went with the longest.

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.