223 choices? YHM or AE? Any others?

• Time is getting short on the new regulations and I will put my next $1k of gun money towards noise abatement in the back yard.

Set up an NFA Trust first.
    Next get something for my HBAR and the 22LR. Two different requirements of course and two silencers.

The HBAR is an un-threaded .750 profile.

YHM Titianium with lifetime warranty, or an AE reflex design to have a somewhat shorter overall length?

I just don't want to scare the dogs as much.
    They are legal for hunting use in Georgia now.

• If it were me and I didn't have any other suppressors I would start with a tbac ultra 9 in 30 cal. You can always use it on your 223 and sound will be similar (or slightly louder) than a dedicated 223 suppressor. I can't imagine not having a suppressor for my 308 and 6.5. If budget is limited then I think you will wish someday that you had bought a 308 can instead.

• @dddoo7 said:

If it were me and I didn't have any other suppressors I would start with a tbac ultra 9 in 30 cal. You can always use it on your 223 and sound will be similar (or slightly louder) than a dedicated 223 suppressor. I can't imagine not having a suppressor for my 308 and 6.5. If budget is limited then I think you will wish someday that you had bought a 308 can instead.

I have to agree. The little I've looked into it since moving to a free state, I'd get a 30 cal and use it on my .223AR as well.

Although the Military Arms Channel did a review on a new can that was modular and you could switch it around for different calibers.

• @dddoo7 said:

If it were me and I didn't have any other suppressors I would start with a tbac ultra 9 in 30 cal. You can always use it on your 223 and sound will be similar (or slightly louder) than a dedicated 223 suppressor. I can't imagine not having a suppressor for my 308 and 6.5. If budget is limited then I think you will wish someday that you had bought a 308 can instead.

Good advice here. Start with an Ultra-9 or Ultra-7 for centerfire and 22 Takedown for rimfire. The hard part will be finding someone that has them in stock. We'll have some eventually, but it will likely be several months.

YHM makes some pretty good cans, but I wouldn't put them equal to thunderbeast for normal centerfire cans.

• Anyone ever deal with this company?

http://www.quietriotfirearms.com/default.asp

They are about 45 minutes away from my house. On the way to work I could stop by.

2 TBAC dealers close to me.
    Autrey's Armory is the other.
    They are the closest NF, Swarovski, Vortex, Zeiss, Leupold dealer. Doubt that they have TT yet.

What is the deal with Huntertown Arms 22 LR cans?

I have a 270 that could use a 30 caliber can. One day it will either become a 30-06 or 280AI at rebarrel time if that ever happens.

Putting one on my Garand, Schmidt Rubin, or Winchester 94 would be difficult.
    I don't want to make modifications to them anyhow.
    A Garand with an Ultimak rail, scout scope with clip on NV, adjustable gas plug and flash hider or silencer would be different for sure. Could slaughter some feral hogs that way.

Just trying to decide.
    Only my CZ 452 American would get threaded for the 22LR.
    I want to keep the blade sights on the Ultra Lux and am afraid to touch the barrel on the Varmint. Don't want to spoil it.

The silencer is mainly for the AR in the back yard use.
    I don't shoot the larger calibers at home.

• I understand that you may not have anything bigger than a 223 to put a suppressor on right now...but when you get a long range precision rifle chances are it will be 308 or a 6.5 variant that will need a 308 can. Unless you plan to buy two...which I would...then you really should buy a 30 cal can. Also...have you considered a 300 blackout upper for your ar? They are a lot of fun suppressed, but will not work with a 223 can.

I am a buy once kind of person...especially with suppressors. That being said I would steer clear if hunter town arms. You are paying a $200 tax stamp and making a permanent purchase...so buy a good one to start with unless it is all you can afford.

• I have a few huntertown arms cans. They are pretty good for the money, actually. However, if I only had one, I'd really be upset with them. 22lr is insanely dirty. It coats suppressors with tons of wax, powder residue, lead deposits, etc... and does so at an alarming rate with some ammo. 40,000-50,000 rnds, and you will completely fill up some cans. (depending on design)

The huntertown cans are extremely difficult to disassemble after as little as 500rnds. Sometimes less. If you only have one can, you want one that is easy to disassemble. I used to like the swr spectre II, and still love the ones I have... but I'd much rather support thunderbeast than silencerco and their flat-brim hat patrol. The .22 takedown from thunderbeast looks to be a spectre II killer.

• I have a 22-L from thunderbeast for .22 and really like it. It is 100% titanium and is a sealed can. I dip the can once in a while to clean it. After about 24 hours it quits fizzing and when dry returns to its original weight. I might have to try a takedown at some point too...we will see.

I also have a 22-S in atf purgatory. I haven't shot it yet to see how it compares...but I got a crazy good deal on it so I thought I would pick up a second so I have one for my rifle and one for my pistol.