Pizza Crust from scratch

• Pizza Crust from scratch

Ingredients:
    2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
    1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
    1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
    Directions

Directions:

• In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
    • Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
    • Turn dough out onto a clean, well floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. - Let the dough rise until double; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out. Use for your favorite pizza recipe.
    • Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
    • Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
    • Add your toppings, place back in the oven until cheese in melted and toppings are hot

Enjoy!

*** For more of a Pizza Hut pan crust style, butter your pan up real good and also butter the exposed crust after toppings have been put on. This will give it more cripsy crunch like PH pan crust.

Also if you add some herbs in while mixing up the dough it makes it more awesome. I throw in some basic McCormick Italian Seasoning, fresh minced garlic and minced onions...turns out DELICIOUS! Also you don't have to wait for the dough to rise if you're in a hurry. The crust will be a little more dense but still very delicious!

If you want a stuffed crust, add some cheese sticks to the outside of the pizza and cover up with the dough

• I'll have to try this next time, it's a little different then what I have been doing.

http://www.laurainthekitchen.com/recipes/homemade-pizza/

I also had a recipe for Cauliflower crust, but have lost it, it was pretty good, but a pain to make took a lot of time to get all the water out so the crust got cooked and wasn't soggy.

• @rhyno Yeah the cauliflower crust can be a pain. I like to start prepping for the pizza dough the night before. I'll typically mess around with it all while I'm making another meal. I'll typically strain the cauliflower rice a couple times during the meal making, then leave it in a strainer with a bowl underneath it, plastic wrap the top and store in the fridge. Next day when I go to make the crust, I strain it one more time and this typically gets all the moisture out.