lottie last edited by
1.5 32oz tubs of cottage cheese
1 family size package shredded mozzarella cheese
1 small package shredded parmesan cheese
1 box oven ready lasagna
2lbs ground burger (chicken, turkey or beef work well)
2 jars spaghetti sauce
1 package pepperoni slices
2 small cans sliced olives
2 small cans sliced mushrooms
Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder
- Brown your burger, add salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and any other spices you wish. Drain excess grease. Dump into a big bowl.
- Next, add your cottage cheese and spaghetti sauce to the bowl.
- Chopped your pepperoni slices into quarters, separate the pieces, dump into the cottage cheese mixture.
- Drain your sliced olives and add to the bowl.
- Chop your mushrooms up into small pieces, add to the bowl.
- Mix the contents of the bowl well. The bowl might look like a scene from a horror movie, but trust me, it’s sooo good!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grab a lasagna pan or casserole dish. Place a generous layer of the meat mixture in the bottom of your chosen pan, then a layer of mozzarella cheese, then noodles. Repeat meat, cheese, noodle layering until you fill the pan. The very top layer of noodles, finish with a bit of the meat mixture, then Parmesan and mozzarella. Bake uncovered at 350 for 20-30 minutes, or until the mixture is bubbly and the cheese on top is a nice golden brown. Enjoy!
A few notes:
** gluten free rice lasagna noodles work well in this. Corn or quinoa based GF noodles tend to get too soft and mushy.
** if you use chicken or turkey burger, add a bit more sauce to the mixture, the white meat tends to soak up some of the moisture and the lasagna can dry out a bit.
** my favorite spaghetti sauce to add to this is Ragu Simply roasted garlic.
** you can skip the garlic and onion powders or you can sub out fresh minced garlic and onion. Sauté until translucent while cooking the burger.
** I have made this into a vegetarian dish, subbing spinach, bell peppers, onions, tomatoes and zucchini for the meat.