Say Goodbye to DEET forever

• According to research done in down in Iowa, catnip has been proven to be 10 times more effective than DEET. So now whenever I go outside I spread a little catnip around the area I will be hanging out in and keep the open container nearby....surprisingly no bites, but when I look up I can see the mosquitoes hovering waiting to pounce once I'm away from my catnip. Here are a few recipes you can use to make your own mosquito repellent...oh and the good thing is it won't harm your guns like DEET does :)

CATNIP MOSQUITO SPRITZ
    MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS
    2 cups catnip, stemmed
    3-4 cups mild rice vinegar
    Rinse herbs, roll lightly with a rolling pin, then place them in a clean quart jar and cover with vinegar. Seal jar and store in a dark cupboard for two weeks.
    Shake jar lightly every day or so for two weeks. Strain into a clean jar, seal and refrigerate for up to 6 months unused.
    To use, spritz on exposed skin and around outdoor dining area.

CATNIP AND ROSEMARY MOSQUITO CHASING OIL
    MAKES ABOUT 2 CUPS.
    2 cups catnip, stemmed
    1 cup rosemary, cut in 6-inch sprigs
    2 cups grapeseed oil or any light body-care oil
    Roll herbs lightly with a rolling pin and pack into a clean jar. Cover with oil, seal jar and place in a cool, dark cupboard for two weeks.
    Shake jar lightly every day or so for two weeks. Strain into a clean jar, seal and refrigerate for up to 8 months unused.
    To use, rub on exposed skin.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/default/article/Grow-your-own-mosquito-repellent-1097992.php#ixzz1OVzb4BSi

"A woman trying to function like a man is as ridiculous as a man trying to be like a woman. A unisex society is a senseless society—a society dangerously out of order. " - DP

• Add some geranium oil in the mixture and you'll be protected against ticks.

"A woman trying to function like a man is as ridiculous as a man trying to be like a woman. A unisex society is a senseless society—a society dangerously out of order. " - DP

• Now that is handy. Ill have to try that. We went hiking in yellowstone a couple years ago around Shoeshonoe (sp?) lake. Misquitoes were horrible. we took 98% deet spray with us...but used it all up before we got back. That stuff will give you a rash after a few days on the skin as well as damaging your clothes. Something natural sure would be nice. Thanks