Why should I prolong my life?

• a1qJcTq.jpg

Job 6:8-11 Says, ““Oh, that I might have my request, That God would grant me the thing that I long for! That it would please God to crush me,
    That He would loose His hand and cut me off! Then I would still have comfort; Though in anguish I would exult, He will not spare; For I have not concealed the words of the Holy One. “What strength do I have, that I should hope? And what is my end, that I should prolong my life?”

At the point Job wrote this, he had faced much trouble at the hand of Satan. Job had lost almost everything and was to the point that his life was miserable. Job’s one request of God was that God would crush him because Job knew he had comfort in death. What was left for Job? Why would he want to prolong his life? Yet God still had a purpose for Job in his later life and God blessed him greatly for the things he went through. Sometimes the struggles we face in life can seem hopeless. As we look to heaven and know our coming reward, it can make life look even more bleak. However if we are still here, then we still have a work to do and a purpose to accomplish. We must look for that purpose and opportunities that God places before us and we must trust that God will bless us for all of the struggles we have been through.