What do you want in life?

• What do you want in life?

This is a question that most people never fully explore. What. Kind of job do you want? This is not asking what you have, what you are trained for, or what you are expected to be. What job do you truly want in life? Where do you expect to be in your job in 5 years? 10 years? Are you working towards the job you really want?

What do you want for your family in life? What kind of spouse do you want? How many kids? What do you want your kids to learn from you? What do you want them to remember about growing up? What do you want them to learn is important from you? What about grandkids? How many? What relationship will you have with them? What fun things will you do with them?

Where do you want to be spiritually? Do you want to have a stronger faith than you do today? Do you want to grow in knowledge and trust in God? Do you want to be strong enough to lead others towards truth? Do you want to lead your kids and grandkids to truth?

Where do you want to be in 20 years? 30 years? 40 years? 50 years? Many of us will probably no longer be here on this earth in 50 years. Where do you want to be? What will be important at that point? Have you lived a good life? Have you raised your family well? Have you stayed faithful to God. When our life here comes to an end, the only thing that matters is, “am I going to heaven?”

Going to heaven doesn’t happen by accident. We cannot ignore spiritual matters our whole life and then expect to be prepared for heaven when we die. We must grow our faith in God. We must grow in our service to Him. We have heaven as our goal and vision in life and let everything else fall in place around that goal.

Hebrews 13:14 says, “For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.”

This world, while wonderful at times is also quite horrible most of the time. It is quite horrible because of sin. Sometimes our own sin. Many times because of the sins of others. This world cannot be the main goal we have in life or we will end up on our death bed without hope. We must have a burning desire for heaven. We must seek a city to come. We must realize that on this earth we don’t have a dwelling place that will last and we must seek one to come.

What do you want in life?

• On my way home, hear my prayers. Let me continue to find work along the way. I shall be a witness to the light that shines for more to follow. All for the love of Christ.