Road Trips

• I feel like a road trip this weekend. My wife told me to get out and have fun. Seasonal blues hits me when the pollen gets bad. She said to go to Redneck Hell all day if I feel like it. That is the gun range / hunting camp the next County over. The Walking Dead was filming on some nearby farmlands the last time I was there. It is in Woodbury GA. Yes there is a real place. Centerfire Precision is the place. Nothing fancy as far as gunsmithing, basic true and rebarrel for local hunters. 200 yards at one firing bench and 300-550 at another.

It is a fun place to take my CZ Varmint and shoot further than the 50 yards I can reach behind our house.

When I get the new trigger in my Colt I'll be game to drive out to Talladega Marksmanship Park. Creedmoor Sports runs the Pro Shop there and I can get fitted for a jacket. Getting 200,300 and 600 yard zeros and trying some better ammo on the electronic targets will be fun.
    http://thecmp.org/competitions/talladega-marksmanship-park/

Where would you go for a road trip?

reply quote 0

• Grand Canyon...my favorite place on earth. Hike it and you will get a different appreciation of it that 99% of people never see.

• @dddoo7 The Artist, Who created the Grand Canyon does impressive work.:smile:

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

• @mamalukino said:

@dddoo7 The Artist, Who created the Grand Canyon does impressive work.:smile:

Beyond human imagination! We are without excuse if we don't believe!

• I've never liked road trips. I like being at home more than anything.

• Being on an island, the further away from home you go, the closer you get.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

• I'm a well paid tourist, as they say in the salesmen business. Tuesday, drove to Sedona, then to Flagstaff, and finally to Las Vegas. So I drove around the Grand Canyon, lol. In a few weeks I'll be driving to New Mexico again. I think I'm taking my rifle with me too. Going to find a spot to get a few rounds off, lol.

In CA I had a great territory, Napa, Monterey, all the way east to the Sierras. Loved those sights, hated most the people. Yosemite was only a day trip for us in CA as well. Some of my favorite road trips were with my car buddies, going to car shows in Santa Barbra and SLO.

• @norcal_in_az said:

I'm a well paid tourist, as they say in the salesmen business. Tuesday, drove to Sedona, then to Flagstaff, and finally to Las Vegas. So I drove around the Grand Canyon, lol. In a few weeks I'll be driving to New Mexico again. I think I'm taking my rifle with me too. Going to find a spot to get a few rounds off, lol.

In CA I had a great territory, Napa, Monterey, all the way east to the Sierras. Loved those sights, hated most the people. Yosemite was only a day trip for us in CA as well. Some of my favorite road trips were with my car buddies, going to car shows in Santa Barbra and SLO.

Sedona and flagstaff are beautiful. I wouldn't give you a dime for Vegas. We passed through there on our hiking trip this year. Then we went on to sequoia, mt Whitney (hiked in a day), Yosemite, Kings canyon and Death Valley. There are some beautiful places in California...I just don't like their government.

• My only "road trips" are to town and back (30 miles round trip) once every couple weeks. Lol

It took me awhile to get rid of the traveling itch and now I hate leaving home.

When you live in the right place your home is your vacation :)

"A woman trying to function like a man is as ridiculous as a man trying to be like a woman. A unisex society is a senseless society—a society dangerously out of order. " - DP

• My home 5 nights a week is a hotel.
    Thankfully the company I drive for pays for it. I still want to go see the things I never have time to stop and enjoy. Occasionally I do just pull over and enjoy the scenery. A good camera is another acquisition on my want list.

• @dddoo7 said:

@norcal_in_az said:

I'm a well paid tourist, as they say in the salesmen business. Tuesday, drove to Sedona, then to Flagstaff, and finally to Las Vegas. So I drove around the Grand Canyon, lol. In a few weeks I'll be driving to New Mexico again. I think I'm taking my rifle with me too. Going to find a spot to get a few rounds off, lol.

Sedona and flagstaff are beautiful. I wouldn't give you a dime for Vegas. We passed through there on our hiking trip this year. Then we went on to sequoia, mt Whitney (hiked in a day), Yosemite, Kings canyon and Death Valley. There are some beautiful places in California...I just don't like their government.

I remember you saying you were heading out here for a trip. Glad it went well. Believe me, my favorite places on earth on in CA, but I have no regrets leaving that state.

Vegas is cool for business meetings, but that about it. I get tired of it real quick. I'm there 3-4 times a year.