Colt is out of touch.

• I have refused to buy colt anything since the last time they pulled something like this...

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/09/19/colt-continues/

Colt’s decision to temporarily leave the civilian AR-15 market coincides with the award of a sizeable foreign military sales contract to provide an unspecified number of M4 and M4A1 carbines to countries including Afghanistan, Bahrain, Djibouti, Federated States of Micronesia, Hungary, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Palau, St. Vincent and Grenadines, and Tunisia.

Companies that will shaft American consumers to provide for foreign military should never sell another ANYTHING inside this country. When this contract is completed and they come crawling back to Americans with their hand out... it should be slapped, rather than have money put in it.

• I once heard a guy make the argument that Colt isn't even a gun company, they're a manufacturing company.

His reasoning was that they don't design or produce anything on their own, or haven't in a long time. The AR15 was an Armalite design that they bought the rights to, the 1911 was a JMB design and is over 100 years old, and at the time I heard this they were even making revolvers.

Shame what's happened to Americas old namesake firearm manufacturers

• Who decides when we have a enough stoners, or enough knives ... or even enough airliners ???

Remember, by the logic of some ... airliners caused 9/11 and hence should be banned ... but fortunately, so far, neither those people, or their logic, have prevailed.

But Colt is going there and supporting that logic, with with idea that "we already have too many stoners". Something that might be understandable if stated by a 3 year old, but then their elders could educate them and help them grow up and understand the world properly. Something that is more difficult with Colt.

I guess I can decide, "I already have enough Colts" ... and I do have one Colt upper a mk18-ish style upper ... but there are plenty of choices (at least now) ... so yes, "I have enough Colts". That wasn't too hard :D

• After reading the article I have a few questions:

Is the AR-15 market in the USA hard for Colt to compete in?
    Is Colt currently making an excellent rifle or just so so?
    How does a Colt AR-15 compare to an LMT NZ16 New Zealand Reference Rifle?