Feral cat...

• So this big tom cat has been terrorizing our barn kitties. I finally caught him out in the open tonight. Lip squeaked him up to 70yds and put a 17HMR in his chest.

Don't shed tears. We have TONS of feral cats out in the country side here. They devastate bird nests and are just generally a nuisance to have around. I earned this one too. This kitty was wild at heart. I first spotted him at about 100yds, and he was creeping around behind some trees. I was outside in a 20mph wind, 34 degree night in a t-shirt for about ten minutes waiting to get positive ID while he stalked me as I lip squeaked him in. Kneeling shot in high wind even! He stopped right beneath my plate rack. Figured that was as good a place as any to put an end to his battering of our barn kitties. Not 5 minutes after his demise, our barn kitties finally felt secure enough to emerge without fear of getting terrorized by this big tom.

dWRw94Z.jpg

• Nice one, you can make crispy won tons with the cat meat, just like some of our local Chinese restaurants.

• @mamalukino said:

Nice one, you can make crispy won tons with the cat meat, just like some of our local Chinese restaurants.

:joy:

• I bet your lovely bride can come up with a killer recipe.

• Nice shooting.

@mamalukino I don't care what the meat is its good haha. We have a Chinese restaurant in town, with legit Chinese people, they go back to China every year for Chinese new year. I live in a town of 4,000 people give or take, it is in BFE Nebraska, the closest Walmart is an hour and a half doing the speed limit.

And we have a Chinese restaurant, with real Chinese people. And they know how to fry a cat.

• @rhyno Bet the strays are scarce in their neighborhood.. The best crispy WonTon in the county came from a restaurant here that got shut down for serving cat. LOL

On that note, I always wondered if coyotes tasted as good as dog. I was always afraid to eat the ones in AZ after seeing them eating road kill.

• Steve Rinella ate coyote on his show once.

• @mamalukino said:

The best crispy WonTon in the county came from a restaurant here that got shut down for serving cat. LOL

Pretty sure I lived in scottsdale when that happened! There were cat traps all over downtown Phoenix!

• Don't know if this is the right place for this but here is an old family recipe for feral cat. Might be able to substitute coyote in there also.
    Ingredients:
    1 pound ground cat ( de-furred coyote)
    1/2 cup chopped green onions
    1 teaspoon sesame oil
    1 teaspoon rice vinegar
    1 teaspoon sambal oelek chili paste
    1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
    2 cloves garlic minced
    1/4 cup minced water chestnuts
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    40-50 wonton wrappers
    bowl of water, to seal the wrappers
    2 cups canola oil for frying
    In a bowl combine all of the ingredients, except the wonton wrappers, and mix until combined.
    To make the wontons, place a teaspoonful of the cat/coyote mixture in the center of the wonton wrapper, dip your finger into the bowl of water and run your finger along the edges of the wrapper. Fold bottom corner of the wrapper over the filling and press all edges to close the wrapper, you'll have a triangle. (Note: When making these use a damp paper towel to cover the wonton wrappers, otherwise they may dry out before you have a chance to fill them).
    In a large pot, preheat the canola oil over medium high heat. Once the oil is hot, fry until golden brown. About 3-4 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with salt, if desired, and serve.

• So glad that little shit is gone! He was terrorizing all the animals in the barn, especially our little barn kitties.

• MMMmmm.. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Wontons