Show your everyday carry!

• administrators

Time to show off what you carry everyday.

Springfield XDM-9 Compact 13+1 of 9mm
    F839Wl6.jpg

With a Crossbreed Supertuck
    sJSgzip.jpg

With a ProMag Archangel defense pen and Kershaw knife
    ukHKv6O.jpg

• I carry one of these:
    XD9801HCSP06_1200x7821.png
    Springfield XD. sub-compact 9mm in a purse similar to this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FOCQ37I

I sure do love my little XD. :)

• Irish, I was looking at the pictures of your pistol, and yea you can definitely tell that that one is carried a lot.

Great wear marks on it.

• administrators

Yup, it has been worn everyday for several years now. I am very happy with the XDM and the Crossbreed combo. Neither one has failed me yet. For a couple years before using this setup I went through several different handguns and holsters. I ended up with this setup due to ease of use, capacity, comfort, and reliability. Not in that order necessarily but those were all important.

• Another vote for the XDM/Crossbreed combo. I've had this on me every day since about 2009. Pretty tough to imagine a better way to carry than the crossbreed. Pretty tough to imagine a better carry handgun than this XDM compact. ... except maybe the full size model. This little guy is just so handy though, and doesn't print nearly as bad as the full size.

WOYU5Kg.jpg

• Well eventually I'll be able to carry this guy when things fall in line.

20160215_211629.jpg

Was supposed to take a class last weekend, and then it was crazy cold and 50 mph winds so it was canceled.

I do carry it and it's bigger brother open carry sometimes.

• @rhyno said:

Was supposed to take a class last weekend, and then it was crazy cold and 50 mph winds so it was canceled.

Wussies! ;)

• @orkan wasn't my idea, who knows when it'll line up again to take a class and have time to go and buy it and get finger printed and all that crap.

• Such a pile of crap to begin with. You don't have to take a class to write or be secure in belongings... Shouldn't need a class to exercise your 2nd amendment rights.

Well here's to hoping you have great success at getting that crap out of the way and being able to protect yourself where ever you happen to be! :)

• @orkan luckily open carry is allowed pretty much everywhere except the places I don't want to go.

Which actually is where they need it.

So it's nothing to throw the pistol on the center console or whatever and be ready to go.

• How can I post a picture from my computer into a dialog box? Thank you for your help and accept my humble apology for being this computer illiterate.

• @mamalukino I upload all of mine to a image sharing site.

• @rhyno Like photobucket?

• Yea.

For some reason photo bucket wasn't working for me real well here recently.

So I tried tiny pic and it seems to work.

• This was my EDC until I returned to the Peoples Republik of Hawaii in 2001. Now she sits in the dark day and night.

eherprm.jpg

• @rhyno Thanks Rhyno, I still have an account with PB.

• imgur is another great picture hosting service. Photobucket really hasn't been that great compared to other available offerings. Imgur is our favorite, as it does a great job of staying out of your way.

• @orkan Thank you sir, I'll check them out.

• I currently carry a gen 4 glock 19 about 90% of the time. About 6 months ago the glock 19 replaced a glock 36 that I carried for about 12 years...so it is still pretty shiny.

efdcdffe-ab02-49ac-8444-470d009a2ed7_zpsfwwxs5gt.jpg

I also have a "last resort" Keltec 380 that I carry when I can't hide the glock easily. I bought it just after they came out and it has been carried in a pocket holster and leg holster...so it is pretty used.

59679334-6fa9-4215-ad4c-e267e3a0ea2f_zpsykmfwc2t.jpg

I also carry a benchmade auto knife and a surefire E1D defender light. Remember...a handgun is almost useless if you can't see what you are shooting!

• administrators

@dddoo7 Nice setup. Do you find the G19 printing much more than your G36? Or with the holster you are using is it not that bad? The reason I ask is because I carried a full sized XDM for a while but it would print too much for me. Looking at the specs of the two Glocks there isn't a huge difference in size but wondering if it is enough that you noticed?

Also having a nice little .380 around for the purpose you stated is not a bad idea at all.

• @irish said:

@dddoo7 Nice setup. Do you find the G19 printing much more than your G36? Or with the holster you are using is it not that bad? The reason I ask is because I carried a full sized XDM for a while but it would print too much for me. Looking at the specs of the two Glocks there isn't a huge difference in size but wondering if it is enough that you noticed?

Also having a nice little .380 around for the purpose you stated is not a bad idea at all.

The handle on the Glock 19 is slightly larger. I use the same holsters for both. I can't seem to get used to an IWB holster (even with a glock 43), so I just use a blackhawk holster and pull a t shirt over them. Someone that knows what they are looking at will know what it is...but no one has ever said anything before. If I am wearing a fleece it is not a problem. I am just much more confident with the Glocks than I am with the keltec.

• administrators

I use to switch between IWB and OWB for a long time because the IWB were so uncomfortable and they weren't very user friendly (pull firearm out and the holster came with it)

That is when I found the CrossBreed SuperTuck with horsehide natural leather. It was somewhat uncomfortable at first but after 5-7 days it was like it wasn't even there. I did have to go up 1 pant size to account for the IWB but I was alright with that.

Link to CrossBreed

I suppose that it is a YMMV on EDC holsters but I have been very happy with it. Stay safe out there!

• @irish said:

I use to switch between IWB and OWB for a long time because the IWB were so uncomfortable and they weren't very user friendly (pull firearm out and the holster came with it)

That is when I found the CrossBreed SuperTuck with horsehide natural leather. It was somewhat uncomfortable at first but after 5-7 days it was like it wasn't even there. I did have to go up 1 pant size to account for the IWB but I was alright with that.

Link to CrossBreed

I suppose that it is a YMMV on EDC holsters but I have been very happy with it. Stay safe out there!

I have several alien holsters. I have never tried a crossbreed, but might should. I also am not excited about buying all new pants...they are a little snug as it is...lol.

I will look at those holsters though. thanks!

• Personal protection is a lifestyle. It requires all kinds of changes in a guy's life to do right, and going up a pants size is a pretty easy trade off. :)

• Make that three XDM/Crossbreed combos! I have been wearing this daily since 2012, and it's pretty easy to see I don't just sit around with it. I put it on in the morning and take it off at night, so seeing pictures of it now makes me feel a bit guilty...might have to clean it.
    0Kv4dwZ.jpg
    r1Qx2Ke.jpg

• I've been carrying a remington rm380 pocket carry with a simple pocket holster when I can't wear something bigger - the something bigger is a gen 1 glock 17 that I IWB when I am going to be wearing a jacket or sports coat all the time...

• administrators

@irocguns how do you like the Remington and had you tried other .380s like the LCP TCP and alike before you settled on the RM380? Or what drove you to that .380?

• I been thinking about getting one of these, what do you fellas think? Kind of expensive but....:question:

• :cry:

• Updated my two pistols over the past couple of weeks. I know some people might not like one of the mods but it's a trial period right now.

The full size with the rubber Talon grips.
    DGRWyHt.jpg

And the M&P9C with Talon grips and a LF extended mag release.
    DGRWyHt.jpg

Side by side comparing the old mag release and the LF extended mag release.
    nBpPJ6o.jpg
    HCT9gbO.jpg

So far the mag release does what I hope it did, allow me to hit it without breaking my grip. But I don't know how it will, or if it will interfere with holsters or whatever else.

• I carry every day and everywhere I go even inside my home I have always had the mindset that the one time I don't have it is when I will miss it. My first carry gun I bought on my 21st birthday was a kel-tec PF9 I had two of those over the firs 6 months that I carried and both had a roll pin back out after about 200 rounds that prevented the hammer from falling. After so much trouble with semi-autos I went with a S&W J-frame bodyguard which I carried everyday in a pocket holster for about 7 years. I still carry it sometimes when I just want to throw something in my pocket and go.

About a year ago I decided that I wanted something a little bigger for better grip and that had more shots and power so I went with the Glock 29 gen 3 in 10mm Auto. I normally carry it in the alien gear holster but on Sundays I wear suits to preach in and rather than buy all new suits I made the pictured belt holster out of scrap leather I had around.

IMG_3684_zpswpdx9hdu.jpg
    couldn't get the other photos to transfer over right so I took another

• @tunnel-ratt Nice, I always loved the reliability of revolvers.
    It is always kind of a special feeling when you create and make something yourself that is of functional usage.

• I carry a 5'' 1911.

[URL=100_0058_zpsgh8rykwl.jpg

• administrators

@428cj
    I checked your link because it wasn't showing up correctly. You want to copy the Direct Link from photobutck and just paste it into the GunHive forums.
    100_0058_zpsgh8rykwl.jpg

• Finally after the long wait I got my CCW permit today.

(I took the class last June but had to wait because I had recently moved and you had to have been living at your residence for 6 months, that lined up with harvest and so yea)

I actually didn't think it would come so quickly (said it could take up to 6 weeks, only took 2) and I just ordered a Holster today.

• Well everything arrived.

zXReIMJ.jpg

I also got a belly band to try while jogging.

I had to remove the mag release extension, it was to long and the mag would release. So that's definitely no damn good.

• I'm really excited I get to participate in this finally!

vxoZIFt.jpg

This is terrible OPSEC, which is why I didn't include my EDC grenades in the photo.

I should add, because I live in California, I've since gotten rid of all my magazines greater than ten rounds, despite the blatant violation of constitution on the states part.

• No limit on the number of magazines is there?
    Is flashing a magazine the same as showing a gun?

My daughter is considering getting some training and her ccp.

She definitely preferred the Beretta 92 over the little Glock 43 we rented over the weekend.
    Need to get her to try an XD next.

• S&W Shield 9mm with Incog holster and Spyderco Yojimbo-

• @hypo
    I've never thought about it before. There's no limit as far as I know. I can't imagine they'd limit that.

Oh wait. Yes I can. Fuck California.

Some asshole "representatives" have just suggested making it a felony if anyone has more than 500 rounds of ammo.

I'm carrying a gun for personal protection, not an IPSC match. I shouldn't have to wear my war belt just to go to the store.

• @ragnarnar said:

@hypo
    I've never thought about it before. There's no limit as far as I know. I can't imagine they'd limit that.

Oh wait. Yes I can. Fuck California.

Some asshole "representatives" have just suggested making it a felony if anyone has more than 500 rounds of ammo.

I'm carrying a gun for personal protection, not an IPSC match. I shouldn't have to wear my war belt just to go to the store.

People, and big competitions need to leave that state.

It's stupid to have such an anti gun state and then do stuff like have Steel Challenge there.

• @gash said:

I carry one of these:
    XD9801HCSP06_1200x7821.png
    Springfield XD. sub-compact 9mm in a purse similar to this one:
    conl70961366__80301.1432648178.500.750.jpg
    (http://amzn.to/2kDTSNN)
    I sure do love my little XD. :)

About 6 months ago I traded in my conceal carry purse for a Molle Tactical Shoulder Sling Pouch (http://amzn.to/2lgncwT)
    31fhXvQ9CyL.jpg

Let me just say it was the BEST decision I've made with a purse in a long time! It hangs over my shoulder and the bag sits right at the kidney....I can move it to sit on my rear if needed. It's extremely easy to access my pistol, there's so much room in the bag to store stuff and the extra pouches don't encroach on your pistol compartment at ALL. I can also carry a bottle of water with me in the bottle pouch and my wallet fits in one of the small compartments on the cover flap. Surprisingly, I frequently get stopped at the grocery store or where ever I might be by other women asking me where I bought me purse. They love the look, they think it looks cute, and they'd love to have one. I didn't buy this "purse" to be cute or make a fashion statement, I bought it because it's very practical, so I'm constantly shocked by the girly girls who are making comments. lol

I wish I had had one of these when my kids were still in diapers because it could also double as a small diaper bag, if needed.

• @gash That is a cool looking bag. I really like the Vanquest gear bags, I think they are better made than the Maxpedition ones and have additional features that the MP bags don't have. This is the one I use, however, I have the 1st version, I don't much like the v2.0. Vanquest VSlinger Tolcat

When I get my CCW, this is what I'll be carrying. I already have it, just not the CCW.
    XDG9801HC_1200x782.png

• @ramirojpc My bag will definitely be upgraded in the near future to a different brand and I am looking at the Vanquest and a few others. It's a great starter bag though :) I love mine, I just hate how light the color is, how easily it stains and I wasn't able to return it :expressionless:

• This post is deleted!

• STI 9mm

7S07UzK.jpg

• administrators

@oilfieldjosh I've always had a fascination for the smaller 1911 style handguns. How do you like your STI and what make you decide that that would be your ccw?

• @irish To be honest I love the look & feel of the 1911 and STI has a pretty good reputation for reliability. The only drawback is, it's a single stack. My capacity is 7 +1. It's light-weight, feeds/shoots flawlessly, and is pretty accurate to boot. Every now and then, I carry my Glock 22 Fullsize in .40 , but for the most part, this is my go-to weapon of choice.

• Considering a CZ75 compact. Looked at one today or the TriStar C-100 clone.
    Magazine interchangeability between the TriStar and CZ is perfect.
    I have the full size clone, C-120.
    Making payments on the real deal now.

The 75 Compact is still 14 round capacity.