Any advice on ~$500 binos?

• Looking to see if anyone has experience with any Binos in this price range.

I’ve seen that Voretex has their Viper HD, Zeiss has their Terra HD, Nikon has on with HD glass, Athlon has their Cronus with HD, Meopta, Steiner. Those are the ones I’m seeing with HD glass around that price point, in the 10x42 style.

My last binos, well current binos, are a pair of Bushnells that came with a rangefinder for like $150, I’ve never had anything else, so I have no idea.

• I'm no help here. I used to run binos in that price range... but once I hit the $3000 mark, I haven't went back down. I haven't used any of the newer budget models for more than just a couple minutes.

• @orkan eventually that’s the goal is a real nice high end set, but not at the moment. Thanks for the reply.

I don’t know if going with Steiner or Zeiss would yield anything over others, and I don’t have anyways to test them side by side easily without having to drive a couple hours.

• @rhyno
    I bought my wife some Steiner Predator binoculars for Xmas a couple of years ago. They were less than 400 bucks and honestly they're not much better than a pair of Bushnell Marine that she got me. They are kind of hard to get a full view if you know what I mean. The little bat ear eye pieces are aggravating too. They are a step up from what we have had. I know this has nothing to do with the discussion but the pair the Steiners replaced were snatched out of my Polaris one night at my neighbors ranch by his damned cow dogs. Those two bastards got into the Polaris and removed all the loose objects in the dashboard holes and carried it into the yard and chewed away. The rubber eye pieces were gone and the case got eaten because I never found it. These were quick focus Bushnell's I bought at Academy and they still work but look kind of rough. They tried to pull my Walther 22 out but couldn't grab it luckily or they would have dissected it. Maybe it would have fired and sent one over the rainbow bridge. I think they chewed on one of the dove hunters shotguns stock in a rack in his jeep too. One day they just disappeared. Hmm.

• You might have to get your hands on a couple and see what YOU like best. In that price range, I really like the Meopta Meopro HD's. To my eyes, color and brightness were surprisingly good.