Banana Bread

• Banana bread is one of my all time favorites. This is my family's favorite way of making banana bread:

Ingredients:
    2 1/2 cup flour
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/2 cup brown sugar *see note below
    3 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
    1/3 cup milk
    1 egg
    3 mashed bananas (preferably super browned ones)

Instructions:

• If you don't have brown sugar don't worry, you can use 1 full cup sugar and add a 1/2-1 Tablespoon Molasses. Brown sugar is the sugar you have before the sugar is put through the refining process. Once refined the byproducts are white granulated sugar and molasses. After I learned this I never buy brown sugar, instead, I always have molasses in the house.

1.) Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease a standard loaf pan with butter and set aside.

2.) Mash bananas in a bowl, if they had brown skins then you can use them right away, if they are fresher yellow or even green skinned let the mash sit in the bowl for an hour or so to turn nice and brown/watery.

3.) Add all ingredients in mixing bowl, including bananas, beat with mixer until almost smooth. If there are a few lumps it's ok. * add nuts in this step if you prefer banana nut bread and mix by hand.

4.) Pour mixture into greased loaf pan, tap sides to get the mixture as evenly as possible.

5.) Place loaf pan in the oven and bake 60-70 minutes, add more or less time depending on your oven. The loaf is done when you are able to stick a toothpick in the middle of it and it comes out clean.

6.) Take the loaf out of pan and place on cooling rack for 20-30 minutes.

Serve with your favorite topping, ours is butter.