Who's Life Has The Most Value?

• a1qJcTq.jpg

Psalm 139:14-16 says, “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.”

Each person is a “fearfully and wonderfully made” being before God. We are created by God and as such we are perfect and complete. Sometimes we view ourselves to have deficiencies, but in reality these imperfections are often there for a reason. We were not hid from God when we were made in secret. God had a hand in creating each one of us in the womb. It wasn’t the mother and father that created life, but God through natural means that made each and every child who they are. God knew each child as it was created in the womb and even at that point, the whole of each person was already written.

The fact that we are fearfully and wonderfully made is not commonly argued. Most people (even atheists) are amazed at the capabilities of the human mind and body. The physical capabilities are continually growing. As soon as a record is set someone else will come along and break that record just showing one more time that the limits of the human body have not yet been reached. The human mind is another amazing thing. It is just smart enough that we know how little we actually use this amazing mind that we have. Most use much less than 10% of their actually capacity, yet we don’t even understand what might be capable if we were to unlock the potential of our mind.

So very few people would argue that humans are wonderfully made. So the question of Abortion really comes down to who has power over life and death? Which life has the most value? This is not the first time that some lives have been valued over others. Yet each time this has happened in history it is looked upon as a very dark time. The Nazi’s viewed Jewish lives as less valuable than everyone else’s lives. Yet we now look on that period of time in German history as one of the most horrific acts that man has ever had a hand in. In early America when African American’s were first allowed to vote, they were given 3/5th’s of a vote. It was determined by our leaders of this nation that an African American person was only worth 3/5th’s of that of other citizens. Yet we now rightfully look back on the time of slavery and segregation in our country as a time of shame at how human beings were treated.

So whose life has the most value? Is that for us to choose? Do we have the authority to give and take life? While it is the woman’s body and the woman’s life, and the baby is in the woman, the baby’s life is not the woman’s to take. The baby has a life and soul of his own and should be valued as such. I hope and pray that one day soon we will look back in shame at the devaluation of the value of human life in our society. I hope and pray that people will begin to stand up for and defend the lives of our defenseless children!