The Lord Works In Mysterious Ways

• a1qJcTq.jpg

We have all heard the phrase. “The Lord works in mysterious ways”. This is the typical answer given by people who believe in God, but don’t understand something. Usually it is said upon seeing someone’s suffering and the suffering is explained away as an act of God. Now, there are times that God punishes evil people and that punishment will be suffering. However when we are faithful to God, all suffering we face is at the hand of Satan. It is a direct attack on us by Satan to try and get us to blame God.

So what does the phrase mean? “The Lord works in mysterious ways”. Where is it found in the Bible? What is the context? Who was it written to? Who wrote it? That is just the thing. This phrase is not in the Bible. This idea is not even in the Bible. God has had mysteries in the past, but they were revealed. The way He works has always been abundantly clear in His word. He works for Good. Always. In every way. Never bad.

So this idea is one that was made up over the centuries and people hold it as Bible truth when in reality it is a completely false concept

Here is a verse showing a glimpse into the goodness of God.

James 1:17, “ Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

• I never questioned God when bad things happen. Never made any sense to me why he'd be the one doing the bad things to me. (other than when I deserved it)

Attacks by satan are just as easy to understand.

Fight the good fight!

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.