Blessed are the Dead

• a1qJcTq.jpg

Revelation 14:12-13, "Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus. And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!”

I went to visit a wonderful lady in the hospital yesterday afternoon. She found out she had cancer about a month ago and had gone through surgery and received the first round of chemo. She had a violent reaction to the chemo and was taken to the hospital. I visited with her for only a couple of minutes and I believe she knew she was dying...but she was at peace. She knew she was right with God and she knew that she was ready to go. She didn't ask for forgiveness, because she knew she was forgiven. She didn't ask for me to pray for her because she knew she had lived right. I said a short prayer with her anyway mostly praying for her family after which she quietly said, "you go on now".

I was fairly sure it would be the last time I would see her on this earth. It is somewhat bittersweet for me because she has been such an encouragement to me...but I also know that she is no longer suffering. She won't have to endure more surgeries, chemo therapy, radiation, and the slow, miserable, painful death that cancer inevitably brings. She was shown mercy this morning as she passed from this physical life. To her, physical death was her blessing from God. Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord.

Live your life in such a way that when you realize that you are dying, you are at peace. Live in such a way that you don't have to hurry to make things right or ask forgiveness from someone for past sins. Get your life right now. Get forgiveness now so that when you are laying on your death bed you are at peace knowing you are ready to meet the creator!