15 more years

• a1qJcTq.jpg

Isaiah the prophet went to Hezekiah the king and told him that he needed to set his house in order because he was going to die. Hezekiah, a righteous king, prayed to God and God granted him 15 more years of life. God also promised that He would deliver Hezekiah from Assyria. God gave him a sign. God caused the sun dial to turn backwards!

The rest of the chapter is a thankful Hezekiah praising God!

I wonder how often it is that God would grant us what we want, but we simply fail to ask?

Isaiah 38:1-22
    [1] In those days Hezekiah became sick and l was at the point of death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came to him, and said to him, “Thus says the LORD: Set your house in order, for you shall die, you shall not recover.”
    [2] Then Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD,
    [3] and said, “Please, O LORD, remember how I have walked before you in faithfulness and with a whole heart, and have done what is good in your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.
    [4] Then the word of the LORD came to Isaiah: [5] “Go and say to Hezekiah, Thus says the LORD, the God of David your father: I have heard your prayer; I have seen your tears. Behold, I will add fifteen years to your life.
    [6] I will deliver you and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria, and will defend this city.
    [7] “This shall be the sign to you from the l LORD, that the LORD will do this thing that he has promised:
    [8] Behold, I will make the shadow cast by the declining sun on the dial of Ahaz turn back ten steps.” So the sun l turned back on the dial the ten steps by which it had declined.
    [9]  A writing of Hezekiah king of Judah, after he had been sick and had recovered from his sickness:
    [10] I said, In the middle of my days I must depart; I am consigned to the gates of Sheol for the rest of my years.
    [11] I said, I shall not see the LORD, the LORD in the land of the living; I shall look on man no more among the inhabitants of the world.
    [12] My dwelling is plucked up and removed from me like a shepherd’s tent; like a weaver I have rolled up my life; he cuts me off from the loom; from day to night you bring me to an end;
    [13] I calmed myself until morning; like a lion he breaks all my bones; from day to night you bring me to an end.
    [14] Like a swallow or a crane I chirp; I moan like a dove. My eyes are weary with looking upward. O Lord, I am oppressed; be my pledge of safety!
    [15] What shall I say? For he has spoken to me, and he himself has done it. I walk slowly all my years because of the bitterness of my soul.
    [16] O Lord, by these things men live, and in all these is the life of my spirit. Oh restore me to health and make me live!
    [17] Behold, it was for my welfarethat I had great bitterness; but in love you have delivered my life from the pit of destruction, for you have cast all my sins behind your back.
    [18] For Sheol does not thank you; death does not praise you; those who go down to the pit do not hope for your faithfulness.
    [19] The living, the living, he thanks you,
    as I do this day; the father makes known to the children your faithfulness. [20] The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD.
    [21] Now Isaiah had said, “Let them take a cake of figs and apply it to the boil, that he may recover.”
    [22] Hezekiah also had said, “What is the sign that I shall go up to the house of the LORD?”

• @dddoo7 said in 15 more years:

"The Lord will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the Lord."
    Isaiah 38:20