Pagination, or not? Lets hear what you think!!!

• So the way the forum is currently setup, is that everything runs on one big long page which loads as you scroll through it. There are controls at the top right which allow you to cycle to specific pages, or jump to the top or the bottom of the page.

How is everyone liking that?

Would you prefer a more traditional approach where there are X number of posts per page and you have to click through the specific pages?

• I'm not a fan.

When viewing certain threads like the music, youtube video, or range thread it takes longer to load.

I think pages would be better there.

• Yup 20-25 post per page would be nice. Like Ryhno said some of the long threads are a pain to scroll through. Even with the jump feature, which I really like.

• I think it may be better to have x amount per page. Just like the others have said, start getting video or lots of pics and it will bog down the page.

• I forgot to mention that you have the ability to change this yourselves if you prefer it a different way.

Click your profile in the top right.
    Click your name to go to your profile.
    Click the blue circle with 3 white dots. (control menu)
    Click settings.
    Scroll down until you see "pagination."
    Check the box.
    Click save in lower right.

Give that a try. We might switch to that for the default behavior if that is what most folks prefer.

• For the record, I'm with you guys... I think it's better to have pages on the long threads. I have mine set to enable pagination, and default of 20 posts per page.

• @orkan said:

I forgot to mention that you have the ability to change this yourselves if you prefer it a different way.

Click your profile in the top right.
    Click your name to go to your profile.
    Click the blue circle with 3 white dots. (control menu)
    Click settings.
    Scroll down until you see "pagination."
    Check the box.
    Click save in lower right.

Give that a try. We might switch to that for the default behavior if that is what most folks prefer.

Done, and thank you.

• I'll have Irish put up a quick tutorial video on how the paging system works, how the post navigator up top works, as well as where to find this setting in your user profile. :)

• I prefer no pages. I have fast enough internet that it loads almost immediately...so i would rather have it all together.

• administrators

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.