Coax Jaw holder upgrade.

• So a while ago after noticing my Jaw Holder on my Co-Ax bending I stumbled across this video.

I forgot about it for awhile, then I noticed the thing starting to bend again.

I ended up getting on the waiting list and ordering one to see if it helps. It came today.

Initial impressions are that it is a well made part for sure.

Here's a side by side with the old holder, the new one is the bigger wider one.
    c5ayrtn.jpg
    v7oRmAm.jpg

A feature this one has that the forster one doesn't have is captured return springs. Kind of...

Here's the set screw that holds them in, and you can adjust tension with it.
    qDZkUvJ.jpg

Unfortunately that screw is blocked by the shell holder when they are installed.

It took me awhile to get it installed, but the even though things exploded out a few times the springs never went flying across the room, so that is certainly a useful feature so far. I don't ever change the jaws so far, so it's not a huge thing for me right now. But it seems to work so those of you that dk might find it usefull.

It was like $39 or something, so it wasn't bad, I don't know yet if it will solve the bending issue it is about the same thickness as the Forster one, I didn't measure just eyeballed it.

Anyways, just thought I'd share it with you all, if you're interested in one the ordering details are on the YouTube link, the guy makes runs so you may have to wait a little bit.

• @rhyno - yes, I have set as well. Decent upgrade in my opinion. Not having springs potentially launching is nice.

• So I just watched a video on the Foster and all I could think is how can I get one ASAP, lol.

Do any of you guys use it to prime your cases? Thats one thing I like about me Lee, is the safety prime. Are you just setting the primers in the seater by hand?

• I was always going to get a set of these, never did. Finally got in on this last batch. :) Hopefully they'll show up sometime soon here.

• @norcal_in_az said:

So I just watched a video on the Foster and all I could think is how can I get one ASAP, lol.

Do any of you guys use it to prime your cases? Thats one thing I like about me Lee, is the safety prime. Are you just setting the primers in the seater by hand?

My priming tool:
    http://www.primalrights.com/equipment/base-cps

The priming tool on top of the forster does work. It's not awesome. ;)

• I prime on the Forster for my rifle rounds. It is slow, but it works. It works by hand loading one primer at a time into the plunger and then seating it.

• @dddoo7 said:

I prime on the Forster for my rifle rounds. It is slow, but it works. It works by hand loading one primer at a time into the plunger and then seating it.

Also helps if you only shoot one bolt face cartridge regularly. If a guy has to swap from 223 bolt face to 308/300/338... well that absolutely blows on a forster priming setup. ;)

• Got mine installed today.

Definitely nicer.

PgDTddI.jpg

• I've had the same setup for about a year now. I know the guy who makes them pretty well. Super top notch dude! ;)

I apologize for not sharing this with everyone a long time ago... :(

• @tscustoms said:

I've had the same setup for about a year now. I know the guy who makes them pretty well. Super top notch dude! ;)

I apologize for not sharing this with everyone a long time ago... :(

Do you make them?

• @dddoo7 Nope, good friend of mine.