New lot of powder mysterious vertical

• I just switched to a new lot of varget, tested for velocity. Velocity was spot on as well as my ES and SD with the previous lot. Shot a 1000 yard match today and had some pretty bad vertical issues and my scores suffered. Normally if I fall out of the 10 ring vertically I can call the shot before it’s even scored. I had several rounds drop into the 8 ring low and then jump high in the 9 ring on the next round. Any chance this could have something to do with the different powder lot? Nothing else has changed same lot of bullets, and primers.

• Sounds like zero value winds downrange causing vortices.

• @bull81 ES/SD and velocity all being dead on with previous lot is good, but that doesn't mean you were centered in a node anymore.

If you are at either end of a node, you'll have that vertical scatter. New lots of components dictates new load dev.

That's why I buy large quantities of everything.

• @orkan
    Thanks and I’ll definitely do another work up to be safe. It was a two day match and not everyone but a big majority of the shooters were having vertical issues Saturday. I came home and stripped the rifle down to nothing but a bare action and barrel, cleaned and torqued everything back to specs. Not saying I fixed a thing but had no vertical problems yesterday at all and was able to pull of a win with a 592 30x.

It very well good have been condition related, but to be safe I’ll redo the load work up again.

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.