Long Range Rimfire

• Back in 2014 I made several videos of me shooting my Savage 22 and Handi Rifle 17 HMR at 200 yards. I shot some of it while seated shooting from a Polaris Ranger and then later moved a table out into the field to get a better rest. Ain't no way I'm laying on the ground out there with the red ant population we have plus scorpions under every leaf. Weeds were too tall anyway. This video is one of me shooting from the seat with Remington sub sonic's out of the Savage suppressed at 200 yards. I was zeroed at 100 with high velocity CCI's and used the mil dots for hold over. I finished three rounds of shooting different other high velocity loads and decided to try the sub's. The wind amazingly fell off for these shots or it wouldn't have happened. About the best I could pull off with HV loads was three hits out of five on the plate trying to judge the wind and hold over. Anyway, getting two hits in a row got me excited especially with that ammo. I even lost count and pulled on an empty chamber.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni5f0RIUnAI&feature=youtu.be

• An older gentleman in my circle of marksman has been practicing .22 long rifle at 200 yards for over 20 years. He told me that's how to learn to read the wind.

• @lathoto
    During that week of shooting the mirage would get so bad it was like looking through a fish bowl. The air temperature was hitting 100 degrees plus in the afternoon with puffs of hot wind that seem to come from nowhere. I was scoping the target off of the table trying to get a comfortable position and could actually see little tiny cyclones spinning across the field. Guess the heat was creating them. That country is famous for dust devils, usually get a couple every day in the summer. I finally got smart and tied some surveyor tape on the target rack to see the wind. Lots of fun shooting the plate, targets not so much. I still can't do much with wind need way more practice. One thing for sure where I live wind is plentiful.

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.