To save, or not to save...

• Sure are lots of assumptions in this video. Pretty much personifies the attitude of many Americans these days. As long as THEY are safe, then they don't care what happens to others.

• What precisely do you disagree with in this video?

RLTW
    (This space for rent)

• What a pussy. Prefect example of a gun owner who the libtards have brow beaten into their way of thinking.

The more sheep dogs we have in this world, the less we have to worry about the wolves.

I also looged into YouTube, just to give his video another thumbs down lol.

• @ragnarnar said:

What precisely do you disagree with in this video?

"I'm probably going to be alone. I'm one guy with a handgun. I'm not a jedi with a light saber. As much as I would like to help my fellow man, I'm simply not equipped to do so as I walk around in my daily life."

This is a concealed wepons permit. It is not a badge. I have not been entrusted with the safety of others. I have not been charged by the state or the government to protect other people.

What I disagree with is the belief that the government must give you authority to protect others. His words are cold, and detached. He calls rushing to the aid of others "romanticism." He truly doesn't understand. It isn't about being romantic. It's about honor, courage, and integrity. There is nothing romantic about shooting someone. There damn sure is something courageous and honorable about taking the fight to evil forces. His arguments are also not acknowledging that forcefully confronting the shooter will often times be the BEST possible way to survive the encounter. In one sentence he states how unpredictable firefights are, and in the very next sentences describes what you should do in those situations.

Uhhh... no. You can't have it both ways.

• I largely agree with you.

However I take exception to is the idea of rushing to the defense of others. Not because I need Government approval or anything. Maybe I misunderstand you, but I need some sense of scale.

At what point do you draw the line?

Do you have to witness the shooting in order to act? (active shooter in a movie theater)
    Be close to the incident? (Shooter in a larger store or restaurant, you only see it when people start to move around)
    Be in the same place as the shooter? (You're across the mall out of LOS when shooting starts)
    Be in the same area? (across a large college campus in different buildings from the shooter)
    Be across town? (you're at home and see on the news reports of an active shooter across town)

RLTW
    (This space for rent)

• The answer to those questions would depend upon the specific situation. That was my point earlier. You can't blanket these things with statements that work with all situations. If my wife is across town getting groceries, yes, I'll be rolling in hot to her location without question. The situation dictates the response, not the other way around.

• @orkan

Roger that. We're on the same page entirely.

RLTW
    (This space for rent)

• I agree that there can be no set rule on situations such as these active threat, shooter scenarios.

Ultimately, I think it's completely individualized. I see it no different than when I was a kid and witnessded a bully picking on a smaller kid. Something inside me always forced me to defend the kid being picked on.

Evil must be thwarted and if not me, then who?

I'd rather face the uncertainty of judgement by law than stand down and live eternal with regret.

• @pizfiz said:

I agree that there can be no set rule on situations such as these active threat, shooter scenarios.

Ultimately, I think it's completely individualized. I see it no different than when I was a kid and witnessded a bully picking on a smaller kid. Something inside me always forced me to defend the kid being picked on.

Evil must be thwarted and if not me, then who?

I'd rather face the uncertainty of judgement by law than stand down and live eternal with regret.

Amen!