Picked up my SRS last night

• I am very pleased with the quality of service and time frame on this build. I got the call that the rifle was ready to ship exactly two weeks after primal rights received payment. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I will post results when I have.

It is a Desert Tech SRS-A1 with a 22.5" TS customs mid weight (heavier than dta) barrel and a 5-25 Tangent theta.

D5061432-DA4F-4F63-9CC3-B2D809632D2E_zpstnqoax8s.jpg

e850e06b-c1fb-4f85-8c7f-31829514ea13_zpsbywxxzoo.jpg

3688B8B0-24DF-4165-AC76-EEA395A44064_zpsk3ywnhgz.jpg

• We love building those ODG/BLK setups. They are just so nice!

Let me know if there is anything else you need!

• administrators

ODG is by far my favorite looking setup for those Desert Techs

Look forward to seeing how it shoots for you.

• Excuse me for staring but she is some purdy......:cupid:

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

• Nothing like the smell of burnt varget in the morning.

I finally got out to shoot the rifle this morning. I shot 20 rounds and plan to shoot a set of 30 tomorrow.

In the first 20 rounds of breakin, my best group was 0.975". I threw one shot or it would have been right at 0.600". The accuracy potential is there as I have not done any load development at all and suspect that the groups will tighten up then. There was also about a 15mph semi cross wind.

Oh...and btw...that group was at 300 yards!

3B7C42A9-FB92-4851-8B79-207770BAB645_zpsfygharet.jpg

F62BB6AB-8EAD-4CD7-AA12-31D54FD9B5C0_zpsziyxx9ju.jpg

• That, sir, is impressive. :smile:

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

• @dddoo7 That is some fine shooting there to be sure. :)

Nothing makes me happier than seeing our hardware go into the hands of folks that can really wring it out. I wouldn't be surprised if you are posting some even tighter groups as that barrel gets run in a bit and you get some good load development on it.

I look forward to seeing your progress!

• Wow, that is some amazing shooting.

How did it feel? As I remember this is your first SRS and you haven't been around Bullpup rifle.

• I really believe that bolt cycling is more natural than a conventional rifle. I dry fired it a couple hundred times before taking it out...but it wasn't a problem to get used to it.

Also...it doesn't sling the brass like a Remington. It has plenty of power to eject them, but doesn't throw them two benches down. Kinda nice having a little pile of brass neatly laid on the mat next to the rifle.

• @dddoo7 said:

I really believe that bolt cycling is more natural than a conventional rifle. I dry fired it a couple hundred times before taking it out...but it wasn't a problem to get used to it.

I'll use this next time someone asks me. ;)

Everyone swears it will be a problem, and they don't believe me when I tell them it's actually more natural than a regular rifle.

• I can vouch for that. The DTA feels very natural to cycle the bolt. After a few shots it gets really comfortable. It's also the most balanced rifle I've ever run.

Shall Not Be Infringed.

• @dddoo7 Beautiful shooting sir! Glad to see it hammering for you!
    Those OD/Black combos do turn out sharp.

• @tscustoms said:

@dddoo7 Beautiful shooting sir! Glad to see it hammering for you!
    Those OD/Black combos do turn out sharp.

You do excellent work. I foresee more TS customs barrels in my future!