Who is Jesus?
dddoo7 last edited by
Colossians 1:15-18 says, “He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.  For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him.  And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.  And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.”
These verses here give us several descriptions of who Christ is.
- Image of God— Christ is deity. He is God. He always has been and always will be God.
- Firstborn of all creation— Christ, by being risen from the dead is the assurance that we also will be risen in eternity.
- Creator of all things— Christ existed before His birth and is the one who created all things.
- He is before all things— Christ has authority over all things.
- By Him all things consist— this world is able to exist and continue because He maintains it.
- He is the head of the body, the church— Christ is the one who has all authority over His church. He is the one who establishes truth, doctrine, and controls His church. He is the one and only head of His church.