Nosler 130 gr RDF’s



  • Nosler just released a new bullet to the RDF line. It’s a 130 gr 6.5 bullet with an advertised G1 615 G7 307 BC. I have been shooting the 140 grainiers with excellent results for about a year. The BC of the 140’s has been accurate for me out to just shy of 1 mile. I ordered a couple boxes to play with, but if they shoot as good as the 140’s do and the BC is accurate then they could really make some waves. I’m a big Berger fan but my rifle shoots the RDF’s equally as good with a better BC and almost have the cost.



  • Lots of new bullets coming out the last week or so. The interesting one to me is the 224 95grn MK with an advertised box of .6



  • @jibnast I haven’t seen these 95 smk’s That would be a beast in some of these new up and coming 22 cal cartridges



  • They just launched. Pretty sure I saw them on midway.



  • @orkan be pretty tuff in that 22 Creedmoor coyote crusher of yours



  • We'll see. I have 3000 80's to shoot through first. :)



  • @orkan I saw the 95’s on both midway and midsouth with the later being a decent mount cheaper.



  • @jibnast check the shipping cost too. I've stopped shopping Midsouth because their prices look great, but then the shipping does you dirty. At least with Midway you can add a cheap item with free shipping to knock the total shipping cost way down.



  • @orkan said:

    We'll see. I have 3000 80's to shoot through first. :)

    That is a couple barrel's worth?



  • @dddoo7 If I am not mistaken he has a couple 22 creeds built.



  • @dddoo7 said:

    @orkan said:

    We'll see. I have 3000 80's to shoot through first. :)

    That is a couple barrel's worth?

    Yup.

    @tpk936 said:

    @dddoo7 If I am not mistaken he has a couple 22 creeds built.

    Yup, 4.



  • @orkan said:
    @tpk936 said:

    @dddoo7 If I am not mistaken he has a couple 22 creeds built.

    Yup, 4.

    Well fella the way see it, that’s un fair to these rifles. They bound to be jealous of each other. To show my appreciation for all the help you have been, I’ll gladly hold on to at least one of those for you free of charge.



  • Just received a couple boxes of the 130 RDF’s. Haven’t loaded Any to test yet, but at this point I have my doubts. They measure 1.338 compared to the 140’s 1.418. My rifle has a .167 freebore and with the 140’s I am 2.156 base to ogive at the lands and the 130’s I’m 2.160 base to ogive. This leaves the boatail junction over half way up the neck. Generally these RDF’s like a jump but by the time I get them seated far enough down the neck they will be jumping a mile. Rifles with a shorter freebore should be a better fit. I’ll load some up and see what they do and report back.



  • @bull81 said:

    @orkan said:
    @tpk936 said:

    @dddoo7 If I am not mistaken he has a couple 22 creeds built.

    Yup, 4.

    Well fella the way see it, that’s un fair to these rifles. They bound to be jealous of each other. To show my appreciation for all the help you have been, I’ll gladly hold on to at least one of those for you free of charge.

    Life's never been fair to me. No reason my rifles should have an easy go of it.


 

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.