Bullets From The Bible 11-30-17

• 2 Corinthians 2:1-2 says, “And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
    [2] For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.”

When Paul went to Corinth to teach, he simply taught Christ. He did not try to use amazing speeches or smart sounding words...but rather he simply wanted to preach Jesus Christ and the crucifixion.

Many times preachers today want to tell great and amazing stories in their sermons. Many sermons have more stories and jokes in them than scripture. Stories and jokes may make us feel good, but they do not save us. It is the word of God that saves us and therefore the word of God that should be taught. One does not have to be a great orator with fancy words and excellent speech to teach the truth. It is Christ that saves...not the speeches and sermons.

Paul was an educated man. Paul was fully capable of delivering great and amazing speeches. Yet he chose to simply teach Christ and Him crucified because it is Christ that saves.
    Look for a preacher that preaches Christ and Him crucified. Look for a preacher that is more concerned about truth than fancy sermons. Look for a preacher that backs up what he preaches with scripture instead of stories! Desire to know the truth and the truth alone!

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.