Colorado hunter kills lion at 16 feet

• https://www.ammoland.com/2017/11/co-hunter-stops-mountain-lion-attack-at-16-feet/

Words can’t even describe my hunting experience yesterday. I was and hour over a vertical mountain before it got light. I got to the other side and was sneaking through the timber then suddenly I hear something to my left. I turned and it was a lion! No more than 5 yards away. Right when I turned she hissed and came at me. I killed her at 8 steps away from me. It’s One of the scariest things that’s ever happened to me. I took these mountains for granted. All the way down that mountain all I could think about is I was one moment away from never seeing my family and my 2 little girls again. I killed the lion at 7:34 A.M. then came all the way back down that mountain. I reported it to DOW, I showed them all the video evidence and gps coordinates and they said it was all legal. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to keep the lion.

Nope, just nope, I hate these cats.

• ... wasn't able to keep the lion.

I guess when you defend yourself from the King's animals, the King still owns them.

• I would not bet my life on putting down ANY animal within 16 feet. The guy is really lucky.

• I have no idea why they want to protect those things, the Nebraska DNR lies about them forever, they’d tag them then deny they were in the state. Then they finally released information a few years ago about confirmed sighting dating back to the 60s.

Dang things aren’t native to this area but now that they’re here they need to be protected, no kill them all as far as I’m concerned.

The O’Neill Ops boy’s dad got one that was tagged in Nebraska a year ago as a 5 month old, dang near as big as him.

• They are running all OVER the state.

The stealthiest of animals, and they are cruising around the east side of eastern south dakota. If they are in eastern south dakota, then they are damn sure in nebraska.

• They had to quit lying after people started using game camera’s.

We have them where we hunt, we’ve had them in town and on the golf course, I think they shot two in downtown Omaha this year.

Guys like Ernie Chambers want to protect them, he should go camping up here after viewing a few dozen photos of them and see how he feels.

I don’t like them, you never know when they’re near you.

• Every single state GF&P or DNR need to be gutted, and start fresh. There is so much corruption in those agencies it staggers the mind. They literally behave as if they own every square inch of land and every animal on it.

• @orkan said:

Every single state GF&P or DNR need to be gutted, and start fresh. There is so much corruption in those agencies it staggers the mind. They literally behave as if they own every square inch of land and every animal on it.

They have their purpose, in the last month three elk were poached around here, one pretty good Bull ( I assume I don’t know anything about elk http://www.myholtcountynews.com/holt-county/info-sought-on-bull-elk-shot-near-county-line I bet seeing as how it was left it was a pissed off farmer)but yea they’re corrupt as hell.

Plenty of dumb stupid laws as well, why, for instance, do they hire loggers to clean up Forrest’s when people would pay to go in and get firewood? Or animal control in some instances they’ll pay professional hunters to come in and take them, when they could be getting paid. It’s dumb, more evidence government is terrible.

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.