List: Anti 2nd Amendment Companies

• @martino1 helmet company.

• REÍ and Mountain Co-op.

Will no longer sell Vist Outdoors products (Camebak, Bell, they also own Bushnell Savage, Alliant Powder and some ammo but they didn’t sell that stuff) because it supports gun manufacturers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2018/03/02/gun-boycott-rei-mountain-equipment-co-op-stop-selling-major-outdoor-brand-due-to-its-weapons-sales-nra-ties/

• So much emotional reaction when gun violence is prominent in the news. I guess it's pointless to expect out leaders to make decisions based on facts. And it seems we can't even get our federal government to spend much of anything to find out what the facts really might say that they might make educated decisions. Apparently this is all we have so far: Science On Gun Laws

Seems there's plenty of data actually out there if someone would actually collect and analyze it. When I see such an effort to ban certain types of rifles, I think of the FBI data I've seen showing other types of weapons used in murders exceeding rifles by far, yet no one talks about that.

There's just so much ignorance and fear when it comes to guns, the public reacts emotionally and our beloved politicians do nothing more than follow suit.

• It looks like the three main airlines that fly to Sioux Falls, SD from my area are Delta, United and American. I'm looking into airfare to Greg's seminar in May if work permits . Delta and United are out because of their pullout of the NRA discounts which leaves American, who couldn't pull out because they were never in..... If there are problems with American, where does Greyhound stand on the 2nd Amendment???? Amtrak??? I may have to take a stage coach to get there. Good thing the seminar is being held in the spring

• Sorry for the delay
    List is updated as of today

I'm sure I missed some. Keep them coming

• Alamo Car rental- Ended NRA partnership following Parkland
    Enterprise car rental- Ended NRA partnership following Parkland
    National rent a car- Ended NRA partnership following Parkland
    Hertz car rental and sales- Ended NRA partnership following Parkland

I guess once I get to Sioux Falls, I'm walking to Huron.... Might need to add a day or two to my flight...

• @martino1 said:

I guess once I get to Sioux Falls, I'm walking to Huron.... Might need to add a day or two to my flight...

Most horses are pro 2A, and will let you run a scabbard, unless you count this one:
    alt text

• Looks like they both use the same dentist.

• Add this one at your discretion, but they won’t be getting my money.

do6Sl.jpg

• @rhyno

Here you go:

U1lLRnKh.jpg

• @rhyno said:

Add this one at your discretion, but they won’t be getting my money.

do6Sl.jpg

Can't see anything but a question mark on my iPad.

• @martino1 Orkan posted what I posted.

The owner of Daniel defense calling for more gun laws.

• Fuck them, they were trying to get eaten last.

BCM does CHF chrome lined barrels at about the same price.
    Noveske does them too but a a significant markup from the BCM price but they’re a little higher end.

• I’m glad that we still have the power to be able to do these types of things.

I won’t be purchasing anything from them for awhile, they’re on probation if you will, keep on making good choices and maybe.

With that said being ignorant of the proposed bill is no excuse. And I believe in not one more inch so they’ll probably stay on probation until there’s some management changes.

• @orkan said:

Someone is back pedaling hard and fast.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/03/daniel-zimmerman/daniel-defenses-marty-daniel-changed-mind-fixnics/

Guys I totally in no way said exactly what I said Friday! PLEASE STILL GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!!!!!!

I don't believe how anyone can take this "whoops" seriously..... The guy even said "common sense approach".... which is the anti-gun's favorite broken record phrase. He's only sorry he showed his true colors.

• Citibank:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/business/citigroup-gun-control-policy.html

Damn I’m tired of this, why the heck am I more afraid of losing rights now when we have “gun friendly” politicians as a majority? Why are more antigun things making it through now then when the Democrats has a majority in the house and senate along with the president?

The house just passed a spending bill with Gox Nocs attached to it. Just as many people said we never got reciprocity out of it either.

This is bullshit.

• @rhyno said:

Citibank:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/business/citigroup-gun-control-policy.html

Damn I’m tired of this, why the heck am I more afraid of losing rights now when we have “gun friendly” politicians as a majority? Why are more antigun things making it through now then when the Democrats has a majority in the house and senate along with the president?

The house just passed a spending bill with Gox Nocs attached to it. Just as many people said we never got reciprocity out of it either.

This is bullshit.

The President is a con man that never gave a shit about gun owners. He just said what gun owners wanted to hear to sucker you into voting for him. And I offer everything he has done concerning guns since getting elected as proof.

Repubs in Congress are nervous as hell. The overwhelming majority of citizens see this presidency as a disaster. And when you combine that with the typical response of voting out the President's party whenever his first mid-term happens, and there are Republican Reps and Senators that are more paranoid than a cat in a rocking chair factory.

Just looking at last weeks election in PA alone, where a Republican seat was lost in the House in a Republican-Gerrymandered district, and they can see the writing on the wall. Since basically every one of them is equally as full of shit as the President, they are doing things with gun laws to try and keep hope of winning a vote with some of the middle-of-the-road voters that actually decide elections in most places. Politicians are for the most part soulless hypocrites that will sell your and their own positions out in a second when they see that they may lose their grip on power. Welcome to reality.

• said:

He just said what gun owners wanted to hear to sucker you into voting for him.

Did it really matter though? I mean seriously, it came down to vote for trump or vote for hillary and there was no way in hell I was voting for hillary. The vote for trump certainly wasn't because he was the best guy for the job. The best guy for the job never even gets a shot at it. You can't be right, and most popular, all at the same time. Not in this modern world. Hitler reincarnated could have been running against hillary and hitler would have won. She is that fucking crazy, and everyone knows it.

So now, because of all this... republicans will get voted out, democrats will have insane power... and they'll take this country to the darkest place we've known since the great depression or the fight for independence. AFTER that happens, we might get a chance at some decent leadership when everyone is begging the real men of this country to fix it.

... if we don't get destroyed by a foreign power while all this is going on, that is.

• @orkan said:

said:

He just said what gun owners wanted to hear to sucker you into voting for him.

Did it really matter though? I mean seriously, it came down to vote for trump or vote for hillary and there was no way in hell I was voting for hillary. The vote for trump certainly wasn't because he was the best guy for the job. The best guy for the job never even gets a shot at it. You can't be right, and most popular, all at the same time. Not in this modern world. Hitler reincarnated could have been running against hillary and hitler would have won. She is that fucking crazy, and everyone knows it.

So now, because of all this... republicans will get voted out, democrats will have insane power... and they'll take this country to the darkest place we've known since the great depression or the fight for independence. AFTER that happens, we might get a chance at some decent leadership when everyone is begging the real men of this country to fix it.

... if we don't get destroyed by a foreign power while all this is going on, that is.

This discussion could get real deep real fast.

As for Trump being the "only" choice, there were like 17 candidates standing on the stage at the first Republican debate. I didn't think any of them were spectacular choices, but about all of them were better than Trump. Republicans had the chance to change this outcome a long time before Nov 2016, and yet they failed to change the trajectory of this story. In the end, it was Republican primary voters that created the hold-your-nose choice between Hillary and Trump from the major parties. It didn't have to be that way. But Trump lied about his real gun stance from Day One, and every gun owner that voted for him believed him. For many reasons other than just guns, the election of DJT was the biggest grift in human history. The gun rights issue is just the one we are interested in here.

As for only having 2 choices, that is exactly the way the powers want you to think. Both the Rs and Ds are OK with losing power in one cycle or another, because they know that they are only a handful of years from being back on top. There are plenty of Dems that were secretly quite happy that Trump won. They knew that the Republicans would get trounced in Nov 2018 with Trump as President, so they were willing to sacrifice these two years to win the long game in both the US and state/local governments.

Our entire system is set up to keep the scam going. It is like how Pepsi and Coca Cola have both been simultaneously in competition and in collusion to keep any other Cola companies from ever getting a stronghold in this country. Coke wants you to buy Coke, but as long as you buy Pepsi and not RC, then they still win.

Now take that to how the media is set up. You have Fox/Hannity/Rush/etc screaming from one side, and MSNBC/Kos/Huff/etc screaming from the other side. As long as you either take one of these sides, or get so tired of the noise that you just don't give a shit, both sides are OK in the grand scheme. They both still win in the long run.

But you know what no side wants you to do? Vote third party. As long as the attitude in this country is that this is a binary, A or B choice, nothing will ever change. It always fails my logic to understand why voters keep voting for the "lesser of two evils", sending their vote to someone they don't really like or agree with on many/most issues. And yet, year after year, they keep doing it. And therefore, year after year, we get the same bullshit.

Urban Definition of Insanty: Doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results.

PS: And the destroyed by a Foreign power thing? With the ineptitude of our President and his cabinet, I unfortunately see that as a much too real possibility. We already handed economic control of the world to China by trying to be isolationist, it will just probably take a few decades for it to actually play out. Once we are so financially weakened that we can no longer afford the best military in the world, we are in deep shit. Because we are hated by almost everyone, even our so-called allies.

• Flyingphill

I have said all along, the two party system is an absolute failure and you hit the nail on the head. Years ago candidates running for governor of the state of Florida had to sue to get involved in a televised debate because they didn't have an R or D next to their names. I taught business seminars in Grenada In 2000 if I recall correctly. There were elections on the island and I noticed that on an island of approximately 280,000 people at the time, there were 4 very active political parties.

We need to start voting our conscience and NOT for a political party. We as taxpayers have had to put up with extreme crap from the right required to be offset by extreme crap from the left in order to get things done in Washington. If this isn't the quintessential example of a failed political system I don't know what is. The result is a bunch of crap. I believe the disfunction we've had to endure for the last 30+ years is a direct result of our fouled up disfunctional 2 party system.

• The President well I knew he’d be soft on firearms, he was a democrat for most of his life.

All these other Republicans though. 99% of those guys aren’t any better then the Democrats.

• @flyinphill

You're not wrong... but you certainly are arguing against the wrong guy. I don't disagree.

Not one singular person that entered the presidential race was the right man for the job.

• Bank of America has been making headlines lately:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/04/11/bank-america-halting-business-makers-military-style-guns-civilian-use/506223002/

I lost all respect for them back around 2012(? ish) when they crapped on Mcmillan, who even had a long standing relation (or lack of).

I suggest any members take their money elsewhere.

• Any gun owner that is presently banking with them will get no sympathy from me. They were involved in anti-gun stuff years ago. This doesn't come as any surprise.

• This one kinda surprised me

5pbNqWK.jpg

• @bull81 said in List: Anti 2nd Amendment Companies:

This one kinda surprised me

5pbNqWK.jpg

Any thoughts on the best way we can express our displeasure with Yeti's decision?

• @martino1 said in List: Anti 2nd Amendment Companies:

Any thoughts on the best way we can express our displeasure with Yeti's decision?

Buy "Orca" brand coolers instead. Or pelican. IMO a Pelican beats a Yeti for a couple hundred less.

I'm predicting Yeti to backpedal same as Daniels Defense.

• Ok I'm adding it to the list, but I'm putting an asterisk by it.

I'm doing this because as far as I know, yeti hasn't said anything about gun control. I honestly can't imagine yeti with such a huge support base in the hunting community, being so stupid as to bite the hand that feeds them. Competition in the cooler market is increasing with numerous other brands trying to get into the space with the same product for less.

Until we have more information, its just a business decision.

If someone thinks I'm wrong, or has something from yeti saying something anti gun, please let me know here.

Also adding BoA.

• I’ve thought about this on a couple occasions.

I don’t like the NRA, I think they’re trash, but I think most of these companies that quit supporting them do it because their weak or anti gun, not because they believe the NRA is screwing over gun owners.

So in one thought I like that less companies are supporting the NRA, and wish more would do so, they’re doing it for the wrong reasons.

• @ragnarnar said in List: Anti 2nd Amendment Companies:

Ok I'm adding it to the list, but I'm putting an asterisk by it.

I'm doing this because as far as I know, yeti hasn't said anything about gun control. I honestly can't imagine yeti with such a huge support base in the hunting community, being so stupid as to bite the hand that feeds them. Competition in the cooler market is increasing with numerous other brands trying to get into the space with the same product for less.

Until we have more information, its just a business decision.

If someone thinks I'm wrong, or has something from yeti saying something anti gun, please let me know here.

Also adding BoA.

It'll be interesting to see what YETI ends up saying or what further actions they take. Last year they banned open carry and conceal carry in their store(s) but then reversed their decision a couple days later. It was speculated their were appealing to the masses who were there for the South by Southwest festival or something. So who really knows.

• @gash

Thanks for bringing that up. I had no idea.

That seems to me like they’re weak on firearms, or they just don’t really care. The way @rhyno suggested.

I’m going to remove the asterisk based on that alone, but I’d still like to hear what Yeti has to say about it.

If anyone thinks I’m wrong, or has more information, let me know here.

• @tackyp said in List: Anti 2nd Amendment Companies:

@martino1 said in List: Anti 2nd Amendment Companies:

Buy "Orca" brand coolers instead. Or pelican. IMO a Pelican beats a Yeti for a couple hundred less.

I'm predicting Yeti to backpedal same as Daniels Defense.

I wrote Bass Pro an email that I was not going to buy any Yeti Products because of their withdrawing support for NRA. I wonder what BP would do if they got a few hundred similar emails?

here's the link if you are so inclined.

https://basspro.custhelp.com/app/ask

• In my opinion, no further clarification on Yeti is needed.

Look:
    https://twitter.com/YETICoolers

See any guns? Any hunting? Any blaze orange?

All I see is fishing, backpacking, hiking, and other "outdoorsy" activities.

• That didn’t take long

y9A8esA.jpg

• @bull81 said in List: Anti 2nd Amendment Companies:

That didn’t take long

y9A8esA.jpg

This sounds like something the NRA would do.

It doesn’t matter to me, I’ve never bought YETI stuff and never planned to.

• @rhyno
    I’m kinda shock they would bald face lie like that. Not much is surprising now days

• @orkan said in List: Anti 2nd Amendment Companies:

In my opinion, no further clarification on Yeti is needed.

Look:
    https://twitter.com/YETICoolers

See any guns? Any hunting? Any blaze orange?

All I see is fishing, backpacking, hiking, and other "outdoorsy" activities.

Not everyone hunts close to home. Dry ice and a good cooler come in handy getting game back home 1200 miles away if you're driving to and from your hunting grounds.

I keep a 200 qt cooler in my boat which is too big for hauling 1-2 deer home, so I'm looking for a 100-120qt which gives me the choice of deboning at camp or at home.

Still not buying Yeti no matter how hard they back peddle.

• Symantec (Norton Antivirus owners) ended their NRA discount program.

https://www.ammoland.com/2018/04/customers-bail-after-symantec-ends-nra-membership-deals/

• So Tim Kennedy went on a podcast (or YouTube video) with Lance Armstrong and basically said gun control is a massive solution and no one under 21 should be able to buy a fire. I know in previous Facebook posts he has supported a Bump stock ban.

I’m not entirely sure he has a company, but I know he does work for a few. (Including the NRA and 5.11)

I don’t know if this is useful to anyone, but it seems relevant.

• http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/04/jenn-jacques/nra-sends-yeti-tumbling/

“YETI severed ties with the NRA and is now engaging in damage control after a backlash from many of its customers. In early March, YETI refused to place a previously negotiated order from NRA-ILA, citing ‘recent events’ as the reason – a clear reference to the tragedy in Parkland, Florida. YETI then delivered notice to the NRA Foundation that it was terminating a 7-year agreement and demanded that the NRA remove the YETI name and logo from all NRA digital assets, as well as refrain from using any YETI trademarks in future print material,” Marion Hammer said.

“YETI is trying to spin the story otherwise, those are the facts. While Yeti can change their story, but they can’t change the facts. Whether their changing story is due to the recent cancellation of the IPO from their New York City owners is a question only they can answer.”

• @orkan

Nice read, I don’t always trust the NRA but found it hard to believe they just completely made this entire thing up.

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.