Good Cop/Bad Cop

• Holy Crap. A lot of that stuff is in my back yard.

• @orkan said:

@straightshooter1 said:

I feel it was good that this video also showed a report that 19 of 31 department locations tested followed policy.

Not sure where you are getting these numbers. They tested 38 departments and only THREE did what they were suppose to do.

Go to 31:56 of the video

• Oh, right... that was a different channel and a different "documentary" than the one in the first half of the video.

Different departments. This video is a compilation of several. It can't even be argued that the majority do the right thing. Even if the rate were 75% (which it's not even close) that were transparent in their duties... it would still be too low a percentage.

• I think the numbers are a bit confusing because this is not one long, continuous report. It is in fact several different TV news reports strung together. So the numbers reported apply to the one specific report int hat section. The 19 out if 31 was in Long Beach, CA. The 3 out of 38 was the very first report done in South FL.

• @flyinphill Right.
    ... and if go google some numbers on various cop watchdog sites, most of these tests reveal hostile and uncooperative police.

That's what happens when you're dealing with people that don't serve their community but rather want to control their community.

• Looks like we posted identical responses at almost identical times. LOL

And you are preaching to the choir with all of this. I am a 51 yo white professional with no criminal background, and I have virtually no trust in LE anywhere, anytime. I can't imagine what it would be like to be a 25 yo man with brown skin in this country.

I know there are plenty of LE on these sites, most don't say anything. But they should be following threads like this and realizing that they have a problem. They are the problem. If people like me have total distrust of them, then they are doing their job completely wrong. But I guarantee you that every one of them reading my post right now is bouncing around blame in their heads on me, you, the media, liberals, NAACP, CNN, Obama, a few bad cops, and anyone and anything besides themselves. It is never their fault.

• As if we need any more proof

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article206302034.html

This guy was in his grandmother's backyard when he got gunned down. The cops claimed he had a gun, then later claimed he had a black tool or wrench in his hands he was using to bust out car windows. He had a white cell phone.

The actual shooting events start about 7:45. But it is worth watching to see how these jokers act after the fact, telling him to put his hands behind his back after they shot him about 10 times, then wanting to stun gun him first before approaching to make sure he is really dead.

The only positive thing I can say about any of this is that, at this point, it doesn't look like the Sacramento Police Department is trying to hide what happened too much. This was 3 or 4 days ago and they already released these body cams. Of course they do stop the audio at the end when the cops and their sergeant are probably discussing the fact that there is no weapon on the scene and they just killed an unarmed
    dude.

• http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/video-shows-deputies-watch-naked-inmate-dies-cell-floor-article-1.3880469

According to the ‘official’ police report, Holland was “found unconscious and unresponsive” in his cell and prior to dying and he was “under the continual care of a physician” at the time. However, according to the video obtained by the Tribune, Holland was not unconscious at all. He was seen writhing in agony only moments before he lost consciousness and died. What’s more, no physician was constantly present during his 47 hours of torture. Had they been present, Holland may still be alive.

holland-tortured-696x366.jpg

They strapped this guy in a chair and left him there in his own piss and shit for two days. A blood clot formed, from not being able to move... and he died. These fucking cops tortured and murdered this guy, and are seen on video laughing about it. Zero punishment.

• https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/09/daniel-zimmerman/maryland-home-owner-wont-be-charged-after-shooting-cops-in-wrong-house-raid/

I was waiting for something like this to happen, the informant and whoever authorized the raid should be charged. This dude is lucky and if I were him I’d move out of the state.

• I remember seeing this video a few (seems like) years ago now.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/12/staff-writer/motorcyclist-receives-65000-settlement-after-viral-police-misconduct-video/

I suspect as we will see more and more people armed with cameras as time moves forward.

• @rhyno said in Good Cop/Bad Cop:

I remember seeing this video a few (seems like) years ago now.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/12/staff-writer/motorcyclist-receives-65000-settlement-after-viral-police-misconduct-video/

I suspect as we will see more and more people armed with cameras as time moves forward.

Happens every single day in this country. Just like that video. ... no camera on most people, so nothing is done about it. Blue wall, and the citizens take a back seat to police corruption. These are NOT isolated events.

• I bought a pair of sunglasses...spy sunglasses. It has a small camera in it, with time and date stamp
    I got them due to confrontation with a neighbor about my mail box. Same looney tune that has SWATed me in the past for shooting in my yard with an air rifle.
    I put them on whenever I drive anywhere or take a walk to the beach. Horse shit abounds and a video might record the truth of a matter.

• Those google glasses and Snapchat glasses may have been a few years ahead of their time. I would suspect that similar things may become quite popular, not necesarily because of cops either but because of everybody. A false accusation or rape can ruin your life, along with other things.

• @rhyno said in Good Cop/Bad Cop:

I remember seeing this video a few (seems like) years ago now.

This reminds me of a previous similar incident in Maryland:

I don't know if everybody recalls the whole set of events after this incident, but the bike rider posted the video on YouTube. Then the cops tried to strong-arm him into dropping his misconduct charges by raiding his home on a grand jury warrant for felony wiretapping and confiscating his computers and a bunch of other stuff. Maryland is a 2-party consent state, so since he posted the video with sound, and the cop did not give consent, they said he was guilty of illegal wiretapping. A judge eventually threw out the wiretapping charges stating that a police officer acting in plain sight had no expectation of privacy, but you know his life and finances were probably destroyed by the chaos and BS.

The Thin Blue Line at work, every cop in the system covering every other cop in the system no matter how egregious their conduct.

• You have a right to remain silent

We now live in a welfare state, euphemism for fascism and cover name democracy. The term “democracy” is no doubt the most complete deception in modern times. Never mind the politicians and bureaucrats, the most intelligent minds of our world have bought this façade called democracy hook, line and sinker. The power of stated propaganda is most disturbing.

https://boblivingstonletter.com/alerts/you-have-a-right-to-remain-silent/

• I don’t know what it is with law enforcement and dogs.

https://reason.com/blog/2019/01/05/video-arkansas-cop-casually-shoots-a-9-p

• @rhyno Disgusting video... and perfect evidence of what has become commonplace.

... and cops wonder why they are so hated.

• That’s complete fucking bullshit, I’m at a loss for words really. I may i a emphasis may could have under stood it if the dog had been big enough to do harm and was aggressive but that dog wasn’t big enough to hurt shit and best I could tell not being the slightest bit aggressive

• @bull81 said in Good Cop/Bad Cop:

That’s complete fucking bullshit, I’m at a loss for words really. I may i a emphasis may could have under stood it if the dog had been big enough to do harm and was aggressive but that dog wasn’t big enough to hurt shit and best I could tell not being the slightest bit aggressive

Think of all the videos of cops acting this way.

Now think of all the times cops act this way and DON'T GET CAUGHT ON CAMERA.

• @gash said in Good Cop/Bad Cop:

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Father-Shot-2-Officers-Who-Mistakenly-Served-Warrant-at-His-Home-493885861.html

This statement from this article says it all:

"We could be talking about a completely different situation based on what they encountered when they got into that apartment. We are very very relieved tonight that both of our officers are alive," police spokeswoman Jennifer Donelan said after the incident.

Notice the police spokesman didn't say "I am relieved no innocent civilians were injured when we did our job so poorly", or "I am relieved that the law-abiding citizens we put in danger with our overzealous Storm Trooper act didn't end up dead". She is happy that the police officers are alive. The Blue Line at its best.

• This post is deleted!

• https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/st-louis-officer-charged-fatal-shooting-fellow-officer-n963086

Hendren allegedly emptied the cylinder of the gun and then put one cartridge back into the cylinder, spun the cylinder and pointed the weapon away and pulled the trigger, and the revolver did not fire. Alix took the gun and pointed it at Hendren and pulled the trigger and it also did not fire, according to the probable cause statement.

"The defendant took the gun back and pointed it at the victim pulled the trigger causing the gun to discharge," the probable cause statement reads. Alix was shot in the chest.

How the hell are any of these three clowns cops?

• The recent shooting in Houston involving a pair of Homeowners and the police is raising some questions after new evidence emerges.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/01/drug-dealer-ambush-or-defense-against-home-invasion/

The first officer fired a shotgun blast, killing the dog. Suspect Dennis Tuttle, 59, initially retreated but returned with a .357 Magnum, shooting the officer in the shoulder, the chief said. The officer collapsed onto a couch in the living room.

This account is different from the original report which was:

“Narcotics officers tried to serve a search warrant,” Acevedo said. “They announced themselves as police at the time. Immediately upon reaching the door, the officers came under fire from one or two suspects.” One suspect, according to the police chief, momentarily retreated into the home and then returned to the front of the location to resume shooting

And the Police Chiefs threat afterwards is particularity alarming:

“Enough is enough. If you're the ones out there spreading the rhetoric that police officers are the enemy, well just know we've all got your number now,” Gamaldi said. “We're going to be keeping track on all of y'all, and we're going to make sure to hold you accountable every time you stir the pot on our police officers.”

• @rhyno
    I get the Houston news here and this shootout surprised a lot of people. I think most were figuring it was a drug cartel or something like that not some older white guy and a wife dying of cancer. I thought I heard that the warrant was a kick the door down variety and it went wrong from there. There was supposed to have been a black tar heroin dealer there and I'm not sure they found anything like that. Supposedly an undercover narcotics officer made a buy at that address and it was being watched by Houston PD. I don't get the Houston paper and I haven't caught all the television statements PD has made concerning this fiasco. Houston is a crazy place and killings go on daily I hate going there as a matter of fact I refuse to go there.

• This case just blew up today. It seems the drug buy was never made and the head cop in charge lied in the affidavit. The cop that lied was let go today and might be facing felony charges. The chief was just on the news and said there was a lot of pissed off cops in Houston, didn't comment on the two people that got killed or their surviving family. Maybe the mayor will do it for him.

• @bigfoot yup just came to post that.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/the-latest-chief-says-drug-unit-under-scrutiny-after-raid

Cop lied, his lie was used to justify killing two people and a dog and getting four officers shot.

• @rhyno
    I saw more of the press conference this morning and the chief did mention the people killed. They actually found some unaccounted for heroin in that chief investigators vehicle and this is the second time this guy had a suspicious arrest gone bad. Lots of unanswered questions surrounding this ordeal.

• Man was open carrying a gun (in a state where it’s legal to do so), someone called him in, cops show up and immediately escalate the situation surrounding him and start screaming repeatable to put his gun down, which he did not have in his hand, when he loves to do so after being screamed at repeatedly he is murdered by the police. His dying words, “You told me to...” which were of course interrupted by the police screaming at the dying man to drop it.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article229227114.html