Need headlamp advise.

• What are some good dependable headlamps? I been reading reviews on the black diamond spot and it seems to be good to go. Im new to headlamps.

• @steelbanger

What kind of price range?

Is weight an issue?

Do you want rechargeable?

What kind of Lumens are you looking for?

Do you need a red light for night/map use?

I have one that I use around the house and have taken hiking a few times...but it is heavier than most. It is the surefire maximus. It is 500 lumens infinitely adjustable. It is built like a tank (solid aluminum) and has the surefire warranty behind it. Battery lasts much longer than I thought it would and charges up quickly. It comes with wall charger and car charger.

If you are looking for a lamp for ultralight hiking however you will want something else.

• @dddoo7 said:

@steelbanger

What kind of price range?

Is weight an issue?

Do you want rechargeable?

What kind of Lumens are you looking for?

Do you need a red light for night/map use?

I have one that I use around the house and have taken hiking a few times...but it is heavier than most. It is the surefire maximus. It is 500 lumens infinitely adjustable. It is built like a tank (solid aluminum) and has the surefire warranty behind it. Battery lasts much longer than I thought it would and charges up quickly. It comes with wall charger and car charger.

If you are looking for a lamp for ultralight hiking however you will want something else.

I've tried some in the $30-40 range. I've had ones that clip on to baseball hats that were powered by nickel sized batteries. Never could get the light where I wanted it to go. I got another that had a band around my head made by BP. Well it was cheesy.

I take a Nebo 190-200 lumens flashlight that runs on a. AA battery. They're about $20 and I think they're pretty good value for that price. I take an extra battery and I always get back to camp.

If there's one with a head strap I'd take a look at it myself. I'd prefer something without dedicated rechargeable batteries. I'd go up to $80-$100 for something decent in the 200-300 lumen range. No red light.

• The best ones I’ve ever owned are the Fenix HL55’s the will run on two cr123’s or one rechargeable 18650. They have 4 brightness settings, are comfortable and light weight. Max lumen is 900. The run about 60 bucks. I have three of them and have used them hard hunting and at work for about 3 years with no problems what so ever out of them.

• @bull81 +1 for the Fenix. I have two of them. one in the nightstand and one in the truck.....hands down, the best light I've owned.

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.