Ah-Mazing Loin Recipe
lottie last edited by
Ah-Mazing Loin Recipe
- 1 whole (4 To 5 Lbs.) Beef Tenderloin (butt) (I used a 2lb venison loin)
- 4 Tablespoons Salted Butter, or more to taste
- 1/3 cup Whole Peppercorns, More Or Less To Taste (just sprinkle freshly crushed pepper generously on the meat)
- Lawry's Seasoned Salt (Or Your Favorite Salt Blend)
- Lemon Pepper Seasoning
- Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
Rinse meat well. Trim away most of the fat.
Sprinkle meat generously with Lawry’s, I used a more than I normally would feel comfortable with and the meat turned out wonderfully. Rub it in with your fingers. Sprinkle both sides generously with lemon & pepper seasoning.
Place the peppercorns in a Ziploc bag, and with a mallet or a hammer or a large, heavy can, begin smashing the peppercorns to break them up a bit. Set aside. (I skip this and use a pepper grinder)
Heat some olive oil in a heavy skillet.
When the oil is to the smoking point, place the tenderloin in the pan to sear it. Throw a couple of tablespoons of butter into the skillet to give it a nice little butter injection before going in the oven. A minute or two later, when one side is starting to turn nice and brown, flip and repeat
Place the tenderloin on an oven pan with a rack. Sprinkle the pummeled peppercorns all over the meat. Press the pepper onto the surface of the meat. Put several tablespoons of butter all over the meat. Stick the long needle of the thermometer lengthwise into the meat. Place it in a 475-degree oven until the temperature reaches just under 140 degrees, about fifteen to twenty minutes. Stay near the oven and keep checking the meat thermometer to make sure it doesn’t overcook.
Let meat stand ten minutes or so before slicing, so the meat will have a chance to relax a bit.
To serve, you can spoon the olive oil/butter juices from the skillet onto the top of the meat for a little extra flavor.
- When I spooned out some of the olive oil/butter from the bottom of the pan some charred spices came out too, which turned out to add even more awesomeness to the flavor :)
Serve with your favorite side dish.