Gash Range Report Thread

• I'm starting this now to remind myself to post my dang targets later today :)

"A woman trying to function like a man is as ridiculous as a man trying to be like a woman. A unisex society is a senseless society—a society dangerously out of order. " - DP

• Shot on 8/6
    WvdlwnE.jpg

"A woman trying to function like a man is as ridiculous as a man trying to be like a woman. A unisex society is a senseless society—a society dangerously out of order. " - DP

• WiyAbgC.jpg
    5 shot groups, 1 shot each dot until a group of 5 achieved. 2 fliers were me. 50 yards with my .22 Annie.

This little Roo wouldn't piss off so he became dinner. Headshot saves all the meat 😉
    tD1TNQy.jpg

• 50 yards, .22lr Annie, seated with bipod and rear bag.

xTwzCs5.jpg
    #9 has a dead fly 😉

One dot shot until a group of 5 achieved:
    4OXXuQb.jpg

• Excellent shooting there my woman. To be able to shift dots after each shots and cluster them up like that... that's basically shooting to the limit of the system.

• Adding one of my first targets to the mix to keep it with these:

EWCyKE3l.jpg

• @orkan Thanks dear. That means a lot coming from you!

• My first dot drill with my Anschutz, back in March 2017:
    tJBYv08h.jpg

• 50 yards, seated, bipod & rear bag with my Annie.
    10mph Wind from my 2 o'clock..which means swirly nastiness because of the layout of the buildings on our property.

First 6+ shots (wasn't counting):
    2BkfvlH.jpg

Then I used two dots to do 10 shot groups on...moving from one dot to the other after each shot at a very steady pace until 10 shots were achieved on each dot:
    FuRSmlH.jpg

• @gash Very nice!!

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

• PdBHRiKl.jpg
    5 shots each with my .22lr at 50 yards. Seated with rear bag and bipod in front. The wind was swirly and gusty...maybe a zero - 10mph. I don't know the particulars as I sat down and started shooting at a very steady pace moving from one dot to the other and coming back around until a group of 5 was achieved.

• @gash

And the plucking begins. Done that.

• TDcD168.jpg

Felt good to shoot again. I've had some hiccups which pulled me away for a bit but today was the day to resume :)

Round robin style (I believe the term @dddoo7 used) at a moderate pace, 50 yards with my Annie. 4 shots in each target. Wind 5-10 from my 11 o'clock

• Right nice groups gash.

• @gash said:

WiyAbgC.jpg
    5 shot groups, 1 shot each dot until a group of 5 achieved. 2 fliers were me. 50 yards with my .22 Annie.

This little Roo wouldn't piss off so he became dinner. Headshot saves all the meat 😉
    tD1TNQy.jpg

You sound like the perfect 10.. Shoot like one too. Got any single sisters?

• @martino1 thanks for the kind words. I do have a sister, but we are complete opposites.

• @gash said:

@martino1 thanks for the kind words. I do have a sister, but we are complete opposites.

Figures.

• Gorgeous day today, little to no wind, grabbed my Annie and attempted the rimfire challenge at 50 yards, prone. I had one flier so I scrapped the scoring and shot through the challenge twice, at a moderate pace.

6peGfQgl.jpg

• @gash said:

Gorgeous day today, little to no wind, grabbed my Annie and attempted the rimfire challenge at 50 yards, prone. I had one flier so I scrapped the scoring and shot through the challenge twice, at a moderate pace.

6peGfQgl.jpg

Mostly 100’s there. Very nice.

• Shot my Annie today and the rimfire challenge. It was maybe 40 degrees out when I shot and I kept hitting low. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me why I was hitting low, THEN it hit me...DUH Gash, rimfire doesn't really like colder weather so it's going to do funky things. I adjusted and did ok the rest of the time. I'll post up my target tomorrow.

Winter is coming and I think I'll probably hang up my shooting until spring time. It's not very fun to shoot in the cold, nor is it fun to shoot with the wicked mirage that happens in the colder temps. We'll see though.