dddoo7's RRT

• 40x at 50. Slight cold bore...but not quite as bad as it has been.

VoQIDWf.jpg

• Cold bore better today.

Can0PPC.jpg

• @dddoo7 Nicely Done!

• 40x was showing about 3/4” cold bore yesterday. This morning it was about the same.

This is tonights group...including cold bore.

rHieGHo.jpg

• 40x at 50

XYmN3dx.jpg

• Still working on cold bore yesterday and today. Tried without suppressor a few times today to no avail. Good groups except for first round. Wind accounts for side to side on a few of these.

WiW9slv.jpg

XTcB786.jpg

JONdiJ7.jpg

HDd3TtQ.jpg

And one group shot without a cold bore shot.

U0r3tbB.jpg

And a group from my 308 too.
    ykHsYZg.jpg

• HAndgun yesterday. 40x today.

62 yards. 5-20mph wind. Wind doesn’t do much for my groups.

L6cf1Xy.jpg

• But it’s great oppurtunity to learn.

• 40x at 62 yards. The extra 12 y makes a difference.

6IwR27I.jpg

• Adjusted torque one more time. Cold bore in there too...so if it repeats it is better.

RrHROuS.jpg

• Been shooting every day, but nothing precision til today.

.22 40x at 50.

Top row were sitting by the fire place. Starting out about 85 deg. Second row were about 24 deg. Cause they had been sitting outside.

UrGBTT4.jpg

• 40x at 50y.

Wind is a good 20mph today along with 20 deg high made for interesting shooting conditions. The flier in the third group was not me. Could have been wind or cold.

I also shot a blackbird at about 75y.

oqoRCIq.jpg

• Ugly groups tonight. Try again tomorrow. Hitting high and stringing.

40x at 50

BSUOa2C.jpg

• 308 at 100. Adjusting zero for new load.

ZsxXeX5.jpg

• 40x at 50y.

First three groups are horrific. Subfreezing weather is not nice to rimfire. Fourth group (5 shots) is probably the best one I have ever shot and I can’t explain the difference.

HqSrnjJ.jpg

IomKWao.jpg

• @dddoo7 was it cold enough for the nice mirage to show up too while shooting? Hats off to you for shooting in the cold.

"A woman trying to function like a man is as ridiculous as a man trying to be like a woman. A unisex society is a senseless society—a society dangerously out of order. " - DP

• @gash

Yes. I was getting mirage after the first group due to suppressor heat. I was outside shooting tonight. I get almost unmanageable mirrage when shooting out the window when it is this cold. Although our cold is nothing like your cold. It is 26 tonight.

• @dddoo7 we’re 21 today night, not too far apart. Mirage is mirage though....tough to deal with on top of .22lr ammo’s hatred of the cold.

You did great considering the circumstances.

"A woman trying to function like a man is as ridiculous as a man trying to be like a woman. A unisex society is a senseless society—a society dangerously out of order. " - DP

• 40x at 50y. 46 deg tonight. FIrst round low...then four. Adjusted .2 mil down for warmer temps. Shot second group.

Rm9iERJ.png

• Seems like it won’t quit raining here. It rained yesterday. Rained this morning early. Rained tonight. And rain scheduled for next couple of days.

40x at 50 From kitchen table while it was raining.

SLu6xnz.jpg

• 40x at 50...still raining.

PvNa4AY.jpg

• 40x at 48 yards (just shy of my 50 yard target stand)

BTW-- I was complaining about the rain...it is gone now.

First cold bore shot...three kills.

uwIuDA1.jpg

• man... why can't a few of those be around when I'm plinking...

• It has been a while here. The snow apparently brought them out.

Just shot another one at 110y according to the rangefinder!

• 40x. 96 yards.

CjEku9m.jpg

• @dddoo7 very nice! Y'all have more snow than we do. How long does snow stick around down there?

• @gash

It is normally gone by noon. This one however could be here for a few days. It is supposed to be 7 tonight...but it is also supposed to be 44 high monday.