Shooting in Maui

• I am going to Maui next week and was wondering if there are any nice ranges that rent to visitors to shoot for a few hours? I don't want the hassle of flying a gun over, but the wife and I would love to go shoot some while there.

• @mamalukino might know something.

• There is only one legal public range on Maui at Ukumehame (there is also a shotgun only range in Haliimaile). Its use is scheduled between various clubs and agencies. The clubs usually have an open day or days where a fee is paid by non members to shoot. You would need to have your own firearms as I do not know of anyplace that rents them and with Hawaii's Gun Laws being what they are I do not know if it is even legal to do so.
    I would checkout the Hawaii laws before bringing a gun here on vacation, you may have to go through a registration process.
    Call these guys:

http://www.centralgunsandammo.com/

The owner is former LEO and should be knowledgeable as to current requirements if any.

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

• Thank you for the information! I guess I'll just enjoy the sun. I already read up on bringing a firearm over and registering it within 3 days of getting it there, etc. The Islands are as bad as California with firearms so I'll skip the hassle.

• Registration is a cluster fuck; here you will need to be fingerprinted (you pay fee) and now you will pay $40.00 additional to be put on a National RAP Back watch list.

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

• In addition to having all the TSA and Baggage handlers messing with my stuff! And knowing California they probably have more BS when I came back, and there is no way in hell I would even think of bringing my AR-15!