Been waiting for something like this!

• http://appliedballisticsllc.com/products/devices/g701/

I'll definitely be trying this out. Stand alone ballistic calculator that doesn't involve a gigantic trimble nomad but has a nicer interface than the kestrel. ;)

• I was wondering if you'd get excited for that.

It looks like an interesting device.

• Reading through the specs...

1. Internal Sensors for Ballistics – Pressure, Latitude, Direction (Compass)
    2. Live Feed from External Sensors (Optional) – Can be connected to a Garmin® Tempe for live

Seriously?!?!?! They make a device like this and they don't even include a temp sensor!?!? You need to buy a $30 wireless temp sensor in order to feed temps to this device apparently. One more device, one more battery, one more point of failure.

I'd happily pay an additional $50 for their $30 temp sensor if it was just built into the friggin unit.

I'm sure it's easy enough to just input the temp... but now a guy has to drag that dumb little temp sensor or still haul a kestrel around.

• Maybe if they got ride of some of the useless features and focused on ballistics, they could throw in a thermometer.

• I don't see a lot of advantage over the kestrel elite AB other than size. The kestrel elite will do everything that does plus takes temp into account...or am I missing something?

• @dddoo7 Until I have time with it in my own hands, I won't be able to say for sure.

The display sure seems like an upgrade over the kestrel, and also the ability to hook it right up to your computer and swap/backup profiles. I can certainly see some situations where it would be nice to have this thing on your arm.

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.