The Evolution of Barrel Cleaning

• leadoff_barrelcleaning.jpg

http://primalrights.com/library/articles/evolution-barrel-cleaning

There are so many different methods, tools, and opinions on rifle barrel cleaning that it would be virtually impossible to even mention them all. Barrel cleaning is quite possibly one of the most argued topics in the precision rifle world. The only thing more impressive than the number of discussions that take place regarding this topic on a daily basis is the list of available cleaning solvents which all claim to be the best product in the world. While conversations regarding barrel cleaning are often divisive and heated, there is one thing that everyone can agree on: Everyone will need to clean their barrel at some point.

READ MORE

• I like the more simple steps of your process Greg, I am going to give this a shot the next time I clean my rifle. Thanks for taking the time to write the article with the links to all the equipment.

• I picked up some CLR after you talked about it at class. I have not used it as of yet. Bought to clean suppressor. I am going to run it through bore to see how it does. Nice write up.

• Great article as usual!
    Thanks for the tip on the CLR.
    I am going to try the CLR now along with the VFG systrm.

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

• I like the VFG pellets, the only downside is they're not easy to find in stock.

And I doubt Greg helped that. 😂

• Patchworm carries the felt buttons.

They are the ticket among the Small bore position shooters.

Patchworm is a pull through for between rounds.

Champions Choice carries them too.

http://www.champchoice.com/store/main.aspx?p=categoryBody&c=CLCRVF

• Look what came in today's mail.....now I gotta clean sumptin:laughing:
    qprAYQ9.jpg

99% of the Lawyers make the rest look bad.

• Thank you for the fantastic article. What are your thoughts on using CLR on steel barrels, steel parts including an AR-15 Nickel Boron BCG?

• @intervention said:

What are your thoughts on using CLR on steel barrels, steel parts including an AR-15 Nickel Boron BCG?

I couldn't say. I have only used it on brakes, suppressors, and barrels. Most of that stuff is either stainless or titanium. I wouldn't let it sit on or in something new unattended for any period of time. Frankly, it's so fast acting that you can scrub with it and then immediately neutralize it if you're unsure.