Arizona Passes Nullification of All Future Federal Gun Laws





  • @mamalukino
    Just based on that I've added it to the list of possible future Ragnarnar residences.
    Hopefully other states follow suit.

    Or the whole country.... I can dream right?



  • Outstanding! More states need to let the fed know that they will not sit around while their citizens are subjugated.



  • Heard about this on the radio this week. Basically no city or county can have a higher law than the state. If they do, the state will cut off state funds.



  • @norcal_in_az said:

    Heard about this on the radio this week. Basically no city or county can have a higher law than the state. If they do, the state will cut off state funds.

    Makes a guy wonder if the state will still stand in defiance when the feds cut off their funds? After all, that's how most nanny-state legislation gets passed. Look at the seat belt law. States didn't want it, but when the feds cut funding, they all passed it... every damn one of them.



  • @orkan said:

    @norcal_in_az said:

    Heard about this on the radio this week. Basically no city or county can have a higher law than the state. If they do, the state will cut off state funds.

    Makes a guy wonder if the state will still stand in defiance when the feds cut off their funds? After all, that's how most nanny-state legislation gets passed. Look at the seat belt law. States didn't want it, but when the feds cut funding, they all passed it... every damn one of them.

    Same with common core. Every damn state took that on because of the Feds threatening to take away funds.



  • @norcal_in_az said:

    Same with common core. Every damn state took that on because of the Feds threatening to take away funds.

    This is an area where some states didn't actually follow standard ;)

    I've followed Common Core pretty closely as it can greatly affect the homeschooling community and unlike the seatbelt law there are states who either did not adopt the standards or a few who did but later withdrew:
    Nebraska, Texas, Virginia and Hawaii didn't adopt Common Core. Okalahoma, Indiana and South Carolina have withdrawn however some are still using the standards through a predetermined date until state standards can be drawn up.

    Seems states will stand up in some areas, even if it may hurt the pocket book a little but not all. It'll be interesting to see how this AZ deal pans out in the long run. Hopefully they stand their ground and more states follow.



  • @gash I may be mistaken on this, but I believe that the common core curriculum or something similar is being used in at least some of the public schools here in Hawaii. 1 of my grandchildren is staying with us at present and I'll be darned if I can figure out the convoluted math she has in 2nd grade.
    I must add that Hawaii is a Kommunist goose stepping to Obama state.



  • @mamalukino said:

    @gash I may be mistaken on this, but I believe that the common core curriculum or something similar is being used in at least some of the public schools here in Hawaii. 1 of my grandchildren is staying with us at present and I'll be darned if I can figure out the convoluted math she has in 2nd grade.
    I must add that Hawaii is a Kommunist goose stepping to Obama state.

    http://academicbenchmarks.com/common-core-state-adoption-map/

    Yup, Alaska not Hawaii....big difference. Brain kept saying HI as I typed even though I know HI isn't that big. Thanks for catching that. Must go to bed, brain fried. hehe



  • @gash said:

    @mamalukino said:

    @gash I may be mistaken on this, but I believe that the common core curriculum or something similar is being used in at least some of the public schools here in Hawaii. 1 of my grandchildren is staying with us at present and I'll be darned if I can figure out the convoluted math she has in 2nd grade.
    I must add that Hawaii is a Kommunist goose stepping to Obama state.

    http://academicbenchmarks.com/common-core-state-adoption-map/

    Yup, Alaska not Hawaii....big difference. Brain kept saying HI as I typed even though I know HI isn't that big. Thanks for catching that. Must go to bed, brain fried. hehe

    Looking at that map scares the crap out of me.


 

Looks like your connection to Gunhive was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.