I woke up this morning feeling generous.

• That is exactly the reason I bought this Lee, the repositional handle.
    That was the part that was broken right out of the box.

• @hypo That is a bummer, this is the challenger about 9-10 years old and the linkage is all steel.

• It is the part that has the square notches in it. Bad Metal. Half the circumference broke off. Box was still sealed up with tape and the copper staples. UPS roughed up the Coax so bad it was hanging out of the box and the guy left the loose parts bag next to it on the porch. Lost the Resizing die though. Shipper replaced it free.
    Coax worked perfectly despite being molested by Brown.
    I have the receipt in the car and the press to return in about 8 hours. Just left Tampa... 3 hours late.
    Grrr.

• Found a $100 Anschutz hand stop when I mowed the lawn last week too.
    Fed Ex Chucked that one out the window as a drive by.
    They replaced it.
    Creedmoor made sure Fed Ex Paid for it.
    So now I have a spare.
    It was for the Air Rifle that step neice got for Christmas.
    Claims really tick me off.
    Been in trucking and shipping for 28 years now.
    Back on Topic.

• Exchanged the Challenger for another one at a Store across town. The ability to reposition the handle is nice. Will also prevent too much leverage hopefully.

• Since I've never used a primer feed tube before, is there a special reason why I shouldn't put more then 10 primers at a time in the tube? I'm thinking its more of a safety issue in case you do blow one up.

• The way the CPS is designed, I would doubt that even in the very unlikely event the case being primed ignites, that the explosion would set the other primers off.
    I load as many as needed, say you are priming only 50 cases, then 50; up to a 100 at a time.

Of course safety glasses are mandatory, regardless.

• @mamalukino Thanks!

Just did my first ten cases. Man this thing is fantastic. Thanks once again @orkan

• @norcal_in_az Our official company stance is that 10 primers should be maximum in order to ensure safe operation and minimize the risk in the event an unstable primer goes off in the tube.

In my personal use, I put 100 primers in the tube all the time.

• @orkan said:

@norcal_in_az Our official company stance is that 10 primers should be maximum in order to ensure safe operation and minimize the risk in the event an unstable primer goes off in the tube.

In my personal use, I put 100 primers in the tube all the time.

I figured that and I didn't want to ask you directly and put you in that position. But thank you for you help as always.

• 90 cases in 15 minutes. Thats not even hauling ass thats nice and steady.

• @norcal_in_az said:

90 cases in 15 minutes. Thats not even hauling ass thats nice and steady.

:+1:

• I finally got this mounted up and ready to go
    :ok_hand:
    IMG_2883_zpswnhyqezd.jpg

Thanks @dddoo7 for the dedicated mounting press idea.
    I think this will be a nice upgrade from my old methods of priming.

Oh, and don't mistake my sweet mounting plate for an Inline Fabrication model, I used a scrap piece of a toilet compartment screen partition:stuck_out_tongue: ...perks of the job( it's solid plastic and easy to machine).

• @midwestside

Looks good. My mounting plates are 3/4" aluminum. I have everything from presses, to swaggers, to vices, to bullet lubrisizer, to deburr tools, to my bench CPS mounted to one. Makes for a really modular bench. I probably would have bought the inline fab, but I had these before in line fab released theirs.

• Sweet looking bench and reloading room.
    The bottle opener is a nice touch.

I have an extra bedroom that needs a makeover like that.

• Sorry I missed this- looks like a good unit. I am using a 21century hand primer which I like- but loading for prairie dog hunting will wear out your hand in a hurry !

• @orkan Greg, thank you for the great deal on the CPS-lite, I love it. I was so freaking excited to to set it up and use it that I primed 50 cases that I hadn't even resized, only tumbled. But man, was it lovely, once I set it up to seat primers .003" below the case, it was a delight to prime. The only thing I don't like is that I don't have a flip tray to flip the primers with the anvil down, my Lee priming thingamagigies only flip them with the anvil up, so I have to hand blip them to get them into the primer tube, but after doing that, it goes pretty fast. Thanks again, below is a pic of how I set mine up.

VYs8ccH.jpg

• I considered getting a dillon primer tube filler to accompany the CPS and my progressives...but after reading the reviews there is usually 1-2 in 100 that are upside down. I guess most guys just throw those rounds out...but I don't even want 1-2/100 that are wrong.

I also tried the frankford arsenal vibrating primer tube filler...and it doesn't work well at all.

I am currently using a large brass primer flipper tray made by dillon and it works very well. I also have a plastic RCBS one which was only a few bucks and it works...but is not as rigid as the metal one.

• @ramirojpc said:

The only thing I don't like is that I don't have a flip tray to flip the primers with the anvil down, my Lee priming thingamagigies only flip them with the anvil up,

Don't those trays have covers? I've used hand priming trays as flip trays many times. ;)

• @orkan said:

@ramirojpc said:

The only thing I don't like is that I don't have a flip tray to flip the primers with the anvil down, my Lee priming thingamagigies only flip them with the anvil up,

Don't those trays have covers? I've used hand priming trays as flip trays many times. ;)

Yes they do, hadn't thought about that. Thanx for the tip.

• Guys, anybody want to part ways with CPS lite? :)

• @mindekei said in I woke up this morning feeling generous.:

Guys, anybody want to part ways with CPS lite? :)

The cps lite is nice, but I would recommend going ahead and buying the bench mounted cps. You will not be sorry!

• @dddoo7 said in I woke up this morning feeling generous.:

@mindekei said in I woke up this morning feeling generous.:

Guys, anybody want to part ways with CPS lite? :)

The cps lite is nice, but I would recommend going ahead and buying the bench mounted cps. You will not be sorry!

This!

• I've been hoping for a CPS lite to show up someplace as well!!

• The bench mounted CPS is one of the very few pieces of my reloading that I would never give up. the CPS and Giraud trimmer.

They take jobs that I hated to do, and made them a non-issue.